Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

How do u remove 98 Accord Oem Player?

Old 01-31-2006, 08:16 PM
kennyvs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do u remove 98 Accord Oem Player?

I recently bought a new deck for my accord, and i want to install my self ( shop installation cost too much ). I wonder if any of you guy tell how to take out the old cd player or post some pix to show me . Thnx you
Old 01-31-2006, 08:25 PM
AccordV6

did you buy the harnness? (a wire connect from your car to after market cd player) stock cd player doesn't need 1 so they dont' come with 1, and did u buy the frame? to direct fit your cd player to ur car? if u buy the frame, included in the frame, there should be instruction tell you how to take out ur current 1 and put in the new 1, and after that connect the wire on the harness to your cd player, then you done.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:29 PM
kennyvs

yup i bought the wire and everything to install it. I sorta understand and know how to connect the wire together but taking out the stock cd player, i dont get and dont know how to
Old 01-31-2006, 08:47 PM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

this is how to remove the radio.
http://handaaccessories.com/accord/accordcd.pdf

if you purchased the aftermarket harness, take that and color match wires to the aftermarket radio. Be sure to check that you're matching orange wire to orange wire ... orange wire w/ stripe to orange wire w/ stripe. Solder all connections and wrap with electrical tape.

If you don't know what you're doing, you can fry your radio and or damage your electrical system. This isn't something that I'd attempt if you're nervous.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:53 AM
AaronR

http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs/Honda/Accord.html

Note there is an error, 1999-2000 should be 1998-2000.

I didn't bother with the aftermarket kits. Factory frame (or bracket) is reusable for my kenwood deck.

Good luck removing the clock and dash panel, not as easy as it looks.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:53 AM
kennyvs

thnx u so much guy the guide really hellp :P. I'll be trying to do myself and if i cant after aweek of trying i'll take to the shop . Thnx again
Old 02-01-2006, 03:31 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

ISO mount that radio!! My Kenwood kit PERFECTLY, as should most others. I have a 98 as well.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:36 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

The pocket looks like its sticking out a bit only because there is a lot of stuff in it.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:42 PM
jordanhxc

Originally Posted by AaronR
http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs/Honda/Accord.html

Note there is an error, 1999-2000 should be 1998-2000.

I didn't bother with the aftermarket kits. Factory frame (or bracket) is reusable for my kenwood deck.

Good luck removing the clock and dash panel, not as easy as it looks.
you've obviously never done it because it's very easy...just have the make sure you get the screw behind the clock
Old 02-01-2006, 06:13 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Originally Posted by jordanhxc
you've obviously never done it because it's very easy...just have the make sure you get the screw behind the clock
I intentionally didnt put that screw back in. Makes the job faster not having to remove the clock to pull the trim piece. I knew i'd have it off enough to warrant not putting it back in. And now that Kenwood will be coming out with a new model to replace the MP828, I'll most likely be replacing my radio again soon.