Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Who are you? Introduce yourselves.

Old 01-11-2006, 09:18 PM
b00gers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who are you? Introduce yourselves.

I am seeing a few new faces around here and want to know more about you. How about we give a little information or background on ourselves?

I have a 1999 Integra that I have put quite a few different systems through. I learned from my friend who did work in his alley about 7 years ago. I am not too heavily into car audio such as joining competitions or whatever, but I just like music...played properly I have never studied academically on this stuff, so the advice and information I give out is mostly based on my personal experiences.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:55 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

I drive a 98' Accord Coupe. I've always been into audio stuff, taking old speakers apart and stuff. I work in the Car Audio Dept. of Best Buy in Altamonte Springs. I can't say I've had a ton of different systems, what I have has been a step-by-step thing. I never had a chance to learn anything the wrong way. I wasn't allowed to,lol. The person I learned from has been installing for 12 some odd years, and I have yet to meet anyone to top him. I'd like to say I know a little bit about car audio. Im studying,for lack of a better word, for my MECP certifications
Old 01-12-2006, 08:59 PM
b00gers

Good to have an installer here. Youre probably much more up to date than I am on products.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:48 PM
GSR_Sedan

i have a 94 integra, and have always been into car audio and know how to wire up a pretty good system.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:54 AM
mr.crx

i have a 88 honda crx with two twelves and an 90 acura integra with a hu in it but thats my race car. i learned how to do what i do know about stereo's by trial and error
Old 01-13-2006, 10:26 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Its funny. Ill be at work and I always get people that think I know nothing. The best is when two friends come in and one friend is giving the other THE WORST advice about what to buy. Ill ask if they need help, "No man, we got it. I've been doing this for years." Makes my day,lol.
Old 01-15-2006, 02:07 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Is anyone else gonna give an intro?
Old 01-15-2006, 02:22 PM
burnrubber
Nucking Futs

i've got a 98Accord and a 02 Accord. 98 is LX has a new stereo system)one 12" MA Audio, Pioneer HU, Jensen amp, Pioneer 6.5s & 6x9s), sunroof, I4, cloth int. 02 is EX V6 fully loaded, all stock
Old 01-16-2006, 09:08 AM
2legit2quit
You Big Dummy

Hey, my name is Chris, and I drive a 92 Prelude. I got into car audio before I actually had a car. Way back in the day, my uncle had a couple of 15's in his civic hatch and that sparked my audio interest. I tried to have the best setup I could in my room growing up, and that when I built my first boxes and custom stuff.

I'm not too big on the killer bass in my car, I focus on the sound quality and cleanliness of the setup. I learned basicly on my own and have always installed all my gear. I've never entered a competition, I just believe somthing you spend a lot of time in, like a vehicle, should have a decent stereo.

The first thing I ever installed in a car was a pair of Pioneer 6.5 two-ways, and now I've installed everything from components, in-dash LCD's, headrest and sunvisor LCD's, to doing HID retrofits in headlights. I've even put a 1985 Nintendo in a car.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:39 AM
97teg

Im jeff I have a 97 acura integra. Ive been into car audio i guess since i started driving. Before that I was into home audio. Ill probalby try to get back into home audio after I graduate. Im all sq, dont really care about ground pounders and like reading the technical aspecs about why something works or doesnt work.