Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

2 Audiobahn eternals!!!!!! Help

Old 01-11-2006, 02:35 PM
lilgdog7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 Audiobahn eternals!!!!!! Help

I have two 12" audiobahn eternals in a sealed box, in a 4 dr 99 civic. I was wondering what can i do to make it as loud as possible. my trunk isn't very big, so i was wondering would it make it louder to face the subs toward the front of the car instead of facing the trunk? also would a ported box help. I have one hifonics brutus 1600 super class d amp.(i plan one getting another one). anyone got some help? thanks
Old 01-11-2006, 08:39 PM
b00gers

A ported box will be much louder than a sealed box. So enclosure type plays a HUGE part. I find that facing them towards the truck lid helps with making it a bit louder. But that is based on experience and not actual proven fact.

Remember, enclosure is the biggest part.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:24 AM
akeura369

if you face them towards your trunk the air from the subs will be compressed off the inside of the trunk back towards the front of the car so it is deeper and louder....but if u getta bandpass or ported box it will be louder also