Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

6th Gen Accord Amp Installation

Old 01-02-2006, 05:20 PM
kobu84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6th Gen Accord Amp Installation

Hello again,

I posted recently with many questions for the 01 Accord stereo installation, then I switched from Stock HU to Pioneer DEH-P7700MP. I installed it (hard wired) and it was running perfectly for three amps setup I had.

I used a Distro block to power the amps, and set different ground points for them as well. I also daisy-chained the REMOTE wire from amp to amp to amp.

But few weeks later, I started driving, and all three amps shut down and the Pioneer was running still.

I tested the Voltage of the REM, and I receive 12V+ on each amp at the REM. The GND on each amp is 0V, and the power is less than 1V. What does this indicate? Bad grounding?? If yes, what are the best grounding points for the 6th gen Accord trunk?
Old 01-07-2006, 10:10 PM
burnrubber
Nucking Futs

i put my amp under the passenger seat, an you can find tons of grounding places under the dash
Old 01-07-2006, 10:12 PM
burnrubber
Nucking Futs

i put my amp under the passenger seat, an you can find tons of grounding places under the dash
Old 01-08-2006, 12:46 PM
kobu84

Default AGU fuse

Hi,

I gave up and took it to a shop for troubleshooting. Apparently, it was the fuse at the hood. It doesnt look blown, but it was. So they replaced it and charged me $20 CND for the fuse and troubleshooting h:

The amps keep shutting down sometimes, so I am going to switch to ANL fuse and get rid of my 3rd amp (Hifonics for rear speakers). And will use the Zapco 50x4 to power the interior speakers. Much simpler system and less headaches of course.

I also bought Boston Acoustics S65 speakers (6-3/4 coaxial). Hopefully they will sound great at the front
Old 01-08-2006, 01:46 PM
b00gers

Yea, no voltage to the power usually means blown fuse h:

But good that you got it coverered. Anyway, you should be careful about daisy-chaining so many things on a single remote turn on wire. If I have to turn on more than 2 components, I would use a relay.