Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Cobra XRS-9400 help

Old 12-28-2005, 08:15 PM
FallenAngelHIM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cobra XRS-9400 help

a co-worker of mine sold me his radar detector. he gave me everything BUT the instruction manual, i was wondering if i have to program the thing or if i have to calibrate it. if so, how? anyone own one of these and can give me some advice please or send me a quick how to guide link? because i am lost as far as using it is concerned. thanks.

product is Cobra XRS-9400
Old 12-29-2005, 10:28 AM
exbrick
I'd rather be driving.

http://www.cobra.com/index.php?page=...e/manuals&id=1

Google is your friend.

I would recommend that you turn off POP detection because it falses so much that it just drives people nuts. It doesn't even really works so there isn't much point. Unless you live in VA or DC then you should also turn off VG-2 detection and Spectre detection since they will also cause false alerts without adding any functionality. (Spectre and VG-2 are devices used to sniff out detectors where the are illegal, and not a problem in most of the US.)

This is an OK unit if you just want to know what's happening around you but don't count on getting advanced warning every time. Laser and instant-on radar can still get you with no warning.

Last edited by exbrick; 12-29-2005 at 10:32 AM.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:44 PM
FallenAngelHIM

thank you my good friend
yeah i drive a pretty stock car, i'm not using it as fool-proof, just so i know what's sort of up ahead, so it's fine. and hey for 10 bucks i can't complain!