Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

Misc. Honda/Acura: Keyless Entry Remote Programming Instructions

Old 03-12-2003, 03:34 PM
RON

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keyless remote programming instructions?

I am trying to find out how to program my keyless remote on my 01 Honda CR-V, can anyone give me the programming instructions? Thanks, Ron.
Old 03-12-2003, 04:08 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are the instructions, Ron.

1) Unlock Doors
2) Turn ignition key to "ON" position (II)
3) Press the "LOCK" or "UNLOCK" button on the remote
4) Turn the ignition key to the "OFF" position (0, I)
5) Turn the ignition key to the "ON" position
6) Press lock or unlock
7) Turn key to off position
8) on position
9) lock or unlock
10) off position
11) on position
12)lock or unlock - doors should cycle to indicate successful programming. If you only have one remote, turn ignition to off or don't touch anything. if you have 2+ remotes, go to 13:
13) lock on each transmitter that you need to program

*Steps 2-12 must be performed within 5 seconds of each other. Step 13 can be performed within 10 seconds of step 12. If it doesn't work, give me a yell
Old 03-16-2003, 10:28 PM
tokyoracer
got JDM milk???

Originally posted by 98CoupeV6

1) Unlock Doors
6) Press lock or unlock
8) on position
9) lock or unlock
10) off position
11) on position
12)lock or unlock - doors should cycle to indicate successful programming. If you only have one remote, turn ignition to off or don't touch anything. if you have 2+ remotes, go to 13:

*Steps 2-12 must be performed within 5 seconds of each other. Step 13 can be performed within 10 seconds of step 12. If it doesn't work, give me a yell
ok... what about the horn sound? cuz i got the keyless entry but everytime i lock the car it makes the horn sound. on the wrx you can disable it, so i am wondering if honda's keyless entry has that option as well?
Old 03-30-2003, 06:19 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally posted by tokyoracer
ok... what about the horn sound? cuz i got the keyless entry but everytime i lock the car it makes the horn sound. on the wrx you can disable it, so i am wondering if honda's keyless entry has that option as well?
Hold down the 'OPTION' button for more than one second and you can cycle between having the beep on and off
Old 04-01-2003, 08:55 PM
tokyoracer
got JDM milk???

Originally posted by 98CoupeV6
Hold down the 'OPTION' button for more than one second and you can cycle between having the beep on and off
mine didn't have the option button. only lock, unlock and panic button. so what should i do?
Old 04-02-2003, 05:56 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

mine didn't have the option button. only lock, unlock and panic button. so what should i do?
I dunno, didn't you get a keyless entry manual with the car?
Old 04-02-2003, 11:06 PM
tokyoracer
got JDM milk???

nope, i don't think i got a manual for it.
Old 05-21-2003, 05:24 PM
ElGouldo

That what my Integra remote was like. If you tapped the panic button, it would honk the horn as you locked the doors. If you just hit the lock, then it would lock them silently.
I don't know it that helps.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:42 PM
nix

Originally Posted by 98CoupeV6

1) Unlock Doors
6) Press lock or unlock
8) on position
9) lock or unlock
10) off position
11) on position

Would this instruction work on a 99 integra???......
Old 06-08-2005, 01:07 PM
djboyag

Default Worked!!!

These instructions worked great on my 2000 Honda Civic HX!! I bout the remote on ebay for $20 because it seemed my original remote was going bad for some reason. The guy sent me some instructions, that had to do with a button on the original Honda radio which I had taken out several months ago. Called up Honda and the women said that most of the security systems are run through the radio unit. She said that if I had it professionally installed that the installer would most likely of known to take care of the security system, and i'd think that he did becuase the security system didnt have any problems. She told me that I would have to bring it in to get the mechanic to have a look at it and would probably cost me anywhere from $50 - 100 and I said hell no!! So i found this forum today and figured why not give a shot. Using the first set of instructions I programmed the new remote and after the 4th stage of turnin the ignition off and on, the locks cycled, so I thought it would be working. Got out of my car and tried it and nothing happened, then I tried my original and that wasnt working either???? Re-read the instructions and saw u had to also program the original again too. So started over, doing both and then the final set of instructions, both remotes cycled the locks. Once again I got out of the car, tried to lock and PRESTO!!! It worked like a charm! Shows that you should read ALL instructions before trying it! Thanks so much for the info.

-Adam