Notices

Question about rims for the RSX?

Old 10-19-2002, 03:40 PM
SexxyRSXGirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about rims for the RSX?

I am the proud new owner of an RSX type S. After reading the October 2001 article from Road and Track, the only thing they didn't like about the S was the wheels, saying that the design looks nice but doesn't really do justice for the car's performance. So what would you all suggest is a good wheel for the RSX and why?

~Alicia~
Old 10-19-2002, 06:16 PM
Kaiz

Default Re: Question about rims for the RSX?

Originally posted by SexxyRSXGirl
I am the proud new owner of an RSX type S. After reading the October 2001 article from Road and Track, the only thing they didn't like about the S was the wheels, saying that the design looks nice but doesn't really do justice for the car's performance. So what would you all suggest is a good wheel for the RSX and why?

~Alicia~
From a performance standpoint, the smaller the rim and lighter the rim, the better acceleration you will get. If you want, look for the lightest, yet still rigid rim you can find. Generally, these will be the more expensive rims though.

Congrats on the new car! Have fun and drive safe.
Old 10-19-2002, 06:58 PM
THEOLDMAN
Checking it twice

Look at CenterLine RPM's 17 X 7 weighs in at 13.5# each. These are 1 piece forged wheels. You can't really go smaller than the stock 16's that are on the car, because of the brakes. The best price I've gotten so far has been $275.00/each at discounttire. They aren't a stock item but they will order and I was told 2-3 weeks. The bolt pattern for the RSX is 5 on 114.3mm and the offset is 38mm.

www.centerlinewheels.com

BTW I drive an Arctic Blue TypeS. 23000+ miles since 07JUL2001
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ...."WOW! What a ride!!!!!"

LUNCH with THEOLDMAN...On a break for now...
Old 10-20-2002, 04:12 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First of all, don't base anything off of a magazine article, especially a SUBJECTIVE OPINION.

Second off, buy tires before wheels (as long as you're staying with 16"). Tires make the biggest diff in your car as far as handling and feel and make a huge difference in acceleration, noise levels (lots quieter) and decleration. Potenza S-03's are the best street legal tires you can buy current, I paid 600 bucks but woulda paid 900 they make such a huge difference. People who ride in my car think I have suspension work done. But anyways, good luck with everything and have fun picking wheels (I'm gonna buy some next spring) :thumbup:
Old 10-23-2002, 05:34 PM
MpOrTrAcEr137

my favorite wheels are the miglia gt3 carbon wheels, they look great check them out!
Old 10-28-2002, 11:40 PM
Sheet One

The O.Z. Superleggera wheels are nice. They got looks, and they are light at 15.2 lbs each for the 17's
Old 11-01-2002, 04:21 PM
SilverRsx

SexxyRSXGirl,

So you finally got the car huh? You probably dont know me but i remember i replied to your post a while back on G2IC about the cost of the RSX-s. I was an oldskool member over there(Beatupls503). My opinion on wheels are that the stocks are ok, and any aftermarket wheel is personal preference. Whatever looks good to you may not look good to others. So i say go out and buy whatever you like, and welcome to the K-side.
Old 11-04-2002, 07:19 PM
Jeff TYPE R
Crazy AE86 dude.

yea, im just wondering why u want to replace your rims just cuz some stupid writer didnt like em
Old 11-04-2002, 10:20 PM
K i o n
TrackDemon

i'd say the stock RSX wheels look pretty nice, though visually they'd be perfect as 17's
Old 11-07-2002, 03:54 PM
SexxyRSXGirl

I was thinking of replacing my wheels even before I bought the car, and reading that article made me want to replace them even more. I didn't want to replace them because "some stupid writer didnt like em". I like the Racing Hart Z5000s, but I don't know how they'd look and I am not sure of how much they weigh. Anyone have info?