Notices

To bitch or not to bitch

Old 08-15-2012, 07:39 PM
eaf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To bitch or not to bitch

A poll...

Went to dealer two days ago to change ATF, oil and filter. Brought my own Syntec oil and Bosch filter that came with it through the deal at Advanced Auto Parts. Dealer after looking at the car recommended to replace battery and rear brakes, which was done after they got my agreement.

The upsetting part is that today I found that they didn't install my filter and put new Honda OEM instead. By itself it's not a big deal at all. Even the price difference of $13 vs $6 is nothing to bitch about. But it seems to me that in order to be trusted the dealer shouldn't pull things like this. After all, how do I know now whether they put Syntec in the car or not, or whether battery and rear brake service was even needed.

So, shall I go back to dealer and complain? Shall I send the appropriate review to Honda or shall I just forget about it?
Old 09-11-2012, 02:22 PM
94civicEX
I got worms.

If they kept the filter I would definitely go back and talk to the service manager.

It's likely that the service writer forgot to make proper notes and provide your parts to the tech.

duck squad member #00003
Old 09-14-2012, 08:50 AM
Curtis17

Yeah I also suggest you to go back and talk with the manager at the garage along with complaint in Honda Service department. If you quite today then next time the dealer will do it again. May be you are not the next time's victim but any person who don't know that the dealer do this shameful task. and the benefit of the complaint in Honda is may be they inquire from the dealer that what are you doing with our customers. It will be helpful for you and all other who go to that garage regularly.