Notices

2004 accord lx ac issues

Old 04-10-2012, 01:41 PM
bunit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 accord lx ac issues

i have a 2004 honda accord lx the ac compressor seized up this past february, bought a new one and replaced it. drove it for a month then bam the new one seizes up and the serpentine belts starts shredding apart. i have heard that there is a known resistor issue with this year and model, i am not sure how accurate that info is but i just want to bypass the compressor altogether. can i get a shorter belt or do i have to get a bypass pulley? i have tried looking for a bypass pulley for that year but have been having a hard time. anyone have any suggestions?
Old 04-19-2012, 05:01 PM
Hondarocks

http://www.onsaletruckparts.com/ not really sure if they have what you're looking for but there's no harm done giving the guys a call and see what happen. Goodluck!
Old 06-05-2012, 04:35 PM
whiskerz

have you cleaned out the lines and replaced the accumulator and orifice tube or expansion valve ? usually seizure that quick is a defective unit or trash in the system from the old failure . My 05 has made noise for years and may die soon but so far so good
Old 06-08-2012, 02:25 AM
evans13

Which is it? If you have an automatic climate control system, it should be using a relay/transistor combo, but manual systems would have a resistor in place of the transistor and lack a high motor relay. Be specific, even though it sounds like you will get to the bottom of this before we do.

Keep in mind, regardless of which system you have, the failure of the motor itself tends to be inconsistent, see here. I was always able to get the motor to run if the current was high enough, but when the power was limited to 30A, it would come on sometimes and sometimes would stay off.