Notices

Premier series tint or ultimate series tint?

Old 07-13-2002, 03:51 PM
smakdown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Premier series tint or ultimate series tint?

I'm getting my car tinted soon but which do you guys think is the better type between these two:

Premier series tint (approx $229): http://www.latint.com/premier.htm

Ultimate series tint (approx $249):
http://www.latint.com/millenium.htm

They are both metalized with no dye in them at all. The only real difference i can see is that the Ultimate series is non-reflective where as the premier is reflective. Does reflection make a tint job look bad? Is it worth the money to go for the non-reflective tint? Any opinions appreciated. There is also the classic tint for $149 but its dyed and i don't want dyed...
Old 07-14-2002, 06:23 AM
smakdown

Where are all you guys with tinted windows? i know you're out there...
Old 07-14-2002, 09:06 AM
JonHsiung
u c l a

What color is your car?

I'd say if it's slightly reflective, go for it, but if it is really reflective, then don't.

If you're going for the "clean" look then dont get reflective. If you want the show look, get it, but make sure you got the other mods too (or at least you will get them soon).
Old 07-14-2002, 10:57 AM
smakdown

My 94 accord is bordeux red pearl. I agree w/ you about the reflective thing. High reflectiveness will look bad cuz my cars not a show car. I will have to see it for myself to see if its too reflective or not. But i also found another type called "comfort series". Its part metalized and part dye. Would that be a better option or is any dye in window tint bad?
Old 07-14-2002, 06:40 PM
JonHsiung
u c l a

tint reflectiveness and lifespan from what i hear from the tint shops...

dye - not very reflective. enough to see your own image and just because it's black. lasts about 4 to 5 years without noticible fade

semi-metallic - also called "titanium" tint. somewhat reflective in a dark metallic way. lasts 8 to 10 years without noticible fade.

full metallic - usually in brand names as "pro-tint" or "quantum" and etc...reflective in a metallic way, but varies depending on what type you get and what grade you get. does not fade.

I'd say if you want to keep your car for a long time then just get the full metallic tint. Otherwise, go with the others. don't shortchange your car and make sure you see the tint before you have it put on your car. they usually have pretinted pieces of glass which show you the type and grade of the tint. if not, then ask if they could make some (it'll help out their own business too).

Honestly, I like the slightly reflective full metal tints. Even on stock looking cars. You just need to make sure it's not too reflective so that way you can see in a little and see your own reflection. The whole point is so that the light would bounce off and wouldn't heat up on the tint (as in black tints) and then heat your car while it sits in the sun. anyway, good luck again...