Thread: Best All Season Tire for Snow

Best All Season Tire for Snow

What is the best all season tire on snow? I do not want to go w/ a pure snow tire...but what are some really good all season tires for snow as well as other weather conditions. I am more concerned w/ snow traction and comfort versus performance...I have summer tires that deal w/ handling and performance.
    :TaIyMooR:

berkeley, ca --> la, ca representin' tha 510&626
    if u have separate summer tires, why not run a snow specific tire? blizzaks are supposed to be reaaly great. getting prepared in advanced??

Originally posted by dantastic
    if u have separate summer tires, why not run a snow specific tire? blizzaks are supposed to be reaaly great. getting prepared in advanced??
    I'm going away for school this yr...and I don't want to have my rims on at all while I'm there. That means I can't put my rims and summer tires on until mid May. Winter tires, therefore, would be a bad choice becuase the temperature gets too hot by mid May for snow tires. The reason I'm asking about it now is because I leave for college in late August, and like I said I don't want my rims on @ school...Ill get some good all season tires and put them on my stock wheels... so I have to make a choice soon as far as good all season tires.
    :TaIyMooR:

continental contiextreme contacts from tirerack are a good choice. Im getting those for my 17s and they are only $89. So for stock rims they will be even less

i have goodyear aquatreads on my factory wheels that i run in the winter. the work good in snow & fuking EXCELLENT when the shit starts to melt & turns into slush

i gave around 70 each for them

thay have an 80000 mile warranty & a treadwear rating of like 600
    No matter how much you think you love somebody.....

you'll step back when the pool of their blood inches up too close.

Girls are like condoms....they're either on your dick or in your wallet

My Myspace page : http://www.myspace.com/James3370

there is no such thing as a good all season tire for snow.

last thing you need to cheap out on is tires. get real snow tires.
    http://www.mosesgoat.com/sig.jpg

1995 Honda Accord EX-R | 1988 Honda Accord EX-i | 1987 Honda Accord LX (R.I.P.)

Originally posted by smakdown
    continental contiextreme contacts from tirerack are a good choice. Im getting those for my 17s and they are only $89. So for stock rims they will be even less
    I just purchased these tires in 16" form and mounted them on my 98 lx. As the reviews and ratings on tirerack.com will tell you, these tires are wonderful. I am excited to checkout their winter tracktion as well.

P.S. Like I have mentioned before, I also go to school in Ithaca, NY. You will be better off with quality all-season tires.

Former H22 Accord Owner AccordSleeper's Avatar
    Originally posted by 95AccordEXR

if you must get an all-season tire to use in wintry conditions get dunlop SP A2s.
    Now Living the AWD & Turbo Life

Nokian NRW - but they're not real easy to find. I think they're the only 4-season tires to earn the same snow rating as real-live snow tires.

All the Saab guys say thery're awesome. I'm gonna get some next time I buy snows.

Just getting the '4-season' rating only means that they're made from a rubber compound that has a glass-transition temperature that's low. It doesn't mean anything about the tread pattern or traction.
    JimBlake
    '03 Accord, '07 Civic
    '01 Saab 9, '05 9x

Originally posted by 95AccordEXR

I respectfully disagree. I haven't run dedicated snow tires on anything I've owned for about 25 years now...ever since they came out with a decent all weather radial. And I haven't even owned a front drive car till this Accord. My 89 Toyota 2WD pickup served me well for 14 years, and I never ran anything but Big O Legacy all season tires. I typically got 5 years per set. And that includes some winter mountain driving here in Colorado.

Honda-Acura
    Honda S2000

Honda-Acura