Notices

Stupid Power Steering Question

Old 10-08-2011, 10:08 AM
JohnnyWadd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid Power Steering Question

Okay... I know before I ask this question that I'm gonna make myself look like an idiot, but what the hell?!

So, I've got a 94 VTEC Accord with a leaky power steering pump. I'm gonna try to find a used one to put on it. Been looking online and I've seen people advertising pumps that are b-series, d-series, h-series, etc...

Well, I don't exactly know what that means. I've looked online, but can't find any information. Does that mean the series of the engine or the series of the pump? What I'm getting at is that my Accord has an F22B1 engine... an f-series engine. Does that mean that I've got an f-series power steering pump as well?

I thank you in advance for making this a bit less muddy for me.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:03 PM
moua2010

im pretty sure you gotta use a F series power steering, it'll save u time trying to get it in... idk much i gotta a 92 accord (F22A1, non vtech)...
Old 10-20-2011, 03:54 PM
robbiebravo50

JohnyWadd: Yeah F22A p/s pump any parts store should have directed you at this. Easy replacement.
ATTENTION: Have to use ONLY HONDA p/s fluid. Any other fluid will not work for a long time.
Other fluids will attack the p/s pump seals and u will probably be out approx. $250 again
Old 10-21-2011, 05:54 PM
mwatters

Remember what your teacher told you...no question is a stupid question? Good luck fixing the power steering.