Notices

bad tires

Old 06-18-2003, 06:51 AM
cassius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad tires

I fixed up my 99 accord LX within the last few months. My problem is that my back 2 tires wear out within 5000 miles of driving. I have 18"Mondera sitting on 225/40/18ZR, uniroyal Rainsport. This is driving me crazy because every 2-3 months I'm replacing my back tires, even though the front ones look brand new. The tires wear evenly so it's not the allignment. Any suggestions?
Old 06-18-2003, 07:16 AM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

^if the fronts wear fine, but the back wear poorly your alignment must be f'd up.

if it was the tires all 4 of them would be worn out. you don't have rwd so it's not like your doing burnouts.

unless of course you pulling the e-brake and practicing your drifting skills.
Old 06-18-2003, 08:40 AM
proteus

are you dropped? If so how low? Did you have your alignment checked to make sure? Maybe some part of your rear suspension is broken causing bad wear patterns on the rear tires, you may want to get it checked by an alignment shop.
Old 06-18-2003, 02:50 PM
99aznaccord

Actually I know exactly what you are talking about. SAME exact thing is happening to me. I had toyo fz4's on mine and for some reason, te rear tires kept wearing out so much faster. I couldn't figure out exactly why because I got an alignment and everything. The only thing was that the inner portion was wearing sligtly faster, but that was already a given without camber kits, but everything else on the tire was wearing out faster. Same as me right? Well this is what I was thinking about at first. Maybe the alignment was off, but it can't be. Even IF it was, then there would be an uneven wear somewhere along the tire, which hasn't happened. So after thinking about it so long and asking people, I finally think I figured it out. Do you have koni yellows? Or maybe something where you can adjust the dampening of the shocks? Well I remember reading the koni instructions and they say to make sure that BOTH sides are set the exact same or there will be uneven wear. Well I remember tha the rear is I think stiffer than the front was because the turning ratio on the koni's were different from rear and front. Well since the rear was a bit stiffer than the front, there is more contact with the rear tires than the front, therefore wearing out the rear tires faster than the front. Make sense? If you don't have anything to adjust the dampening like the koni's, illuminas, or maybe some teins, ect...then I don't really know what else it can be besides alignment then.