Notices

wtf. . car raised itself . . part II . .

Old 06-15-2003, 08:16 PM
patastinky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wtf. . car raised itself . . part II . .

ight for though's that really would like to help me out, here is more on the ****ing sit. that is driving me to kill a mother****er. . .

ight so this afternoon i jacked the accord up and i took off the wheel. . i had said that by looking at the upper control arm it looked to me as if the control arm had slipped because of the camber kit. . so the upper control arm was resting on the inner fender.. this is DEF not the case . . . i took off the control arm and there is alot of clearence and the camber kit is NOT broke.. blah so now i get more stumped.. so i take off the whole shock assembly and i push the lower control arm all the way up .. and it goes all the way up . ( i did this to see if the camber kit was too tight on the control arm not letting it raise to the top) . . so whatever i take the spring off the shox and i push down on the shox, and it's a bitch to get it to go down . but it goes down w/ some effort then it comes right back up again .. ( i had assumed that maybed the shock would sezie inside or something not letting it go up or down) this is NOT the case. . so whatever the shock goes up and down so there is nothing wrong w/ the shock. .i put the spring back on and put everything back together.. thinking that it should!!! work now.. and same shit! wtf.. how is it possible that he car just dont go any lower!??

i am totally stumped. . one day i have less then a finger gap in the fronts (3.25 drop) then i wake up go to work and look at my car and i got a 4 finger gap on the driver side and a 2 finger gap on the pass side.. WTF..

also if i jump on the car, it's very stiff by the driver side.. DONT MOVE up or down at all!! why!! i checked the shox that's not it.. check the control arm that's not it..what else can it be!? i am gonna try my other springs (neuspeed race) and see if it lowers w/ that and a diff shox. . . you dont think that it could be my SPRING? ah!!!!

:smack:
Old 06-15-2003, 08:31 PM
Fryd_Up
rebmeM roineS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im sorry i cant help your problem, but I've seen the same thing happen. my friends is doing a motor swap from a wrecked gt 5.0 stang into anoter body, and we noticed that for some reason, the wrecked gt body has done the same thing you car seems to have done... theres like a 6 finger gap in the damn thing and it seems definetly front drivers side but maybe also front pass and some others but i know exactly what your talking about the damn car will not budge one damn bit when you push down on it. my best guess would be a blown shock or just something with it ****ed up... I'll ask him tomorrow though if he ever found out was caused that and let you know what it is as soon as i do.
Old 06-15-2003, 10:03 PM
patastinky

Originally posted by Fryd_Up
im sorry i cant help your problem, but I've seen the same thing happen. my friends is doing a motor swap from a wrecked gt 5.0 stang into anoter body, and we noticed that for some reason, the wrecked gt body has done the same thing you car seems to have done... theres like a 6 finger gap in the damn thing and it seems definetly front drivers side but maybe also front pass and some others but i know exactly what your talking about the damn car will not budge one damn bit when you push down on it. my best guess would be a blown shock or just something with it ****ed up... I'll ask him tomorrow though if he ever found out was caused that and let you know what it is as soon as i do.
okay thanx i am gonna swap out the bil for my old oem .. maybe that will fix that.. but like i stated above.. i was able to move the shox up and down when i took the shox assmbly out .. would that mean it was blown ? it took some effort
Old 06-16-2003, 01:18 PM
patastinky

i FiXeD it!

yup, it was the muther nuggin' shox. . . grr, i dunno why but it just wouldnt let the car drop any lower.. :idunno: i had an old OEM shox that was good so replaced it w/ the oem one... so right now i am chilling gonna take it for a drive and make sure it's all good.. thanx for the replys/views/advice..

:thumbsup:
Old 06-16-2003, 02:24 PM
jschmid

Nice
Old 06-16-2003, 03:46 PM
hype8912
Dr. Klaw

Maybe the dust sleeve for the shock was getting caught on the top of the shock not letting it go all the way back down.