Notices

whats better

Old 06-14-2003, 04:08 PM
makaveli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats better

Well buying the evo fell thorugh so i was talking ot this guy abouit exhaust and he said it owuld be good if i got headers adn had custom pipes fitted and a new catalytic converter wiht a muffler. would customizing it be better than buyoing an already made system
Old 06-14-2003, 09:52 PM
jackasssi
Allstar

Done by the right person it could be better & cheaper.
Old 06-17-2003, 02:41 AM
AngryNerdRock
this space for rent

but finding the right person will be a bit hard....plus, that's taking a risk. going with an already made cat-back will give you more peace of mind. as long as it's a good brand known for quality products.
Old 06-17-2003, 03:34 AM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

been there, done that, wasted tons of money............get a quality system like apexi ws or greddy evo
Old 06-17-2003, 07:00 AM
decibel_dj

honestly depends on the shop after having 2 totally custom exhaust systems on my ride i'm going with a full catback system. not just for the preformance gains but mostly for the peace of mind. right now, the system i have now works just the way my piping is laid out sucks (almost touching the floor, instead of being in the trench)
Old 06-17-2003, 07:17 AM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

i went with the apexi ws for sound mostly. you really have no clue about sound with a custom exhuast. most are loud and sound like crap. at least with name brand stuff you can listen friends cars or get comments from people about the sound. as for performance they all about the same custom or name brand catback. quality on name brand catbacks is more consistent and high whereas quality on custom ones depends on the shop and parts muffler/piping/hangers used.
Old 06-17-2003, 07:30 AM
decibel_dj

custom you have some control ova. every1 will agree its a matter of where you have it done. i went custom mostly since my car is low and i wanted additional low end power. Catbacks are designed to give up low RPM gains for High RPM preformance. where as Axle backs give the power to the lower RPM's at the risk of High RPM gains. the only difference is with axle backs you have to upgrade your piping (in most applications). for me i got aftermarket piping and everything just the last shop i went to wanted to be lazy. i got the preformance i wanted out of it plus a sound that i wanted (lower tone but not as loud as my previous exhaust). my only complaint is how they did my piping instead of fitting it into the trench they just mounted teh piping below my cross members. i could just redo the piping instead but for me it's cheaper and faster to just get a cat back and mount it myself (no welding needed)
Old 06-17-2003, 07:48 PM
jackasssi
Allstar

If only 4-bangers sounded better . . . .
Old 06-17-2003, 07:54 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

mine is a swap H22 with custom exhaust, sound better, so does my girl stock 94 ex. I have HKS Dragger Muffler, she has the Apex'I N1