Notices

Gauges

Old 06-12-2003, 10:42 AM
dhave3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauges

I'm gonna buy some gauges for my car. what do you guys think is or are the best gauges that i should get, i know i'm gonna get an electrical gauges, i'm thinking of getting oil pressure, water pressure, but i'm not sure yet and can someone explain to me the ups and downs of electrical and mechanical gauges, just to make sure what i want to get. thanks.
Old 06-12-2003, 10:58 AM
Kosh

I would only get those gauges if I was seriously building up the engine for High horsepower performance or going Forced Induction. They are not necessary for everyday stock motor driving.

But If you want em for the aesthetics reasons...I would eigther get AC AUTOTECHNIC RACE EL gauges or the APEXi gauges. The APEXi's are 3x as much as the AC ones though. You can find both here @ http://wwwsplittingimagez.com . Thats where I ordered mine.

Latter,
Kosh
Old 06-12-2003, 11:36 AM
AcCoRd97Lx
Jordan ModaratOr

hey dave u coming to the meet next month?

u too kosh...click in my sig for the thread
Old 06-12-2003, 11:51 AM
Kosh

hell ya Im coming! I live 15 minutes away from heather. I used to play tennis there. Um, the 12th? My car should be out of the shop by then. Its getting a turbo kit put on starting the 7th. If not, I'll just show up anyways.

Latter,
Kosh
Old 06-12-2003, 02:49 PM
AcsRcool
Faster than your Geo

autometer gauges are well known, you could look at them, lots of them to be had on ebay for around 50 each even tho they are 80 retail. . .

electrical is a better way to go so you can mount them in your cabin, mechanical is meant for your engine bay and they cant look pretty there

also, listen to the other posters, dont bother with gauges unless you have some legitimate need for them
Old 06-12-2003, 05:53 PM
dhave3

Originally posted by Kosh
I would only get those gauges if I was seriously building up the engine for High horsepower performance or going Forced Induction. They are not necessary for everyday stock motor driving.

But If you want em for the aesthetics reasons...I would eigther get AC AUTOTECHNIC RACE EL gauges or the APEXi gauges. The APEXi's are 3x as much as the AC ones though. You can find both here @ http://wwwsplittingimagez.com . Thats where I ordered mine.

Latter,
Kosh
I know my car is not all that. Its not supercharge or turbocharge either, i hate to say it but i kinda gave up on spending lots of money to get a few ponies, you know. Like the old saying "all show no go" is i think what im gonna try to do. I dont have thousands of dollars to get a new paint job. So, i think im gonna stick with that one for now, until i earned more money and go for the "all show and all go". A lot of accord owners might hate me on this, but im sure a lot of you guys understand or know where im coming from. It takes a lot of money, time and sweat to get 2,3 or even 4 horsepower from a f series engine. And i did start with the basic mods i just want to go the other way to make it look a little nicer then go for more power later on. "PEACE".

Thats enough drama for today. What do you guys think?

Old 06-12-2003, 05:58 PM
dhave3

Originally posted by AcCoRd97Lx
hey dave u coming to the meet next month?

u too kosh...click in my sig for the thread
Oh hell yeah! im going too. I'll be there.
Old 06-14-2003, 09:33 AM
dhave3

So, anyone suggest which gauges should i get?
Old 06-14-2003, 11:14 PM
Kosh

its all up to you man! Its personal taste and even $$$ concerns. Greddy and Apex make the best in my opinion. But they are also very expensive. I'm getting the AC Autotechnic ones because they match my Reverse Indiglo gauges.

Latta

Kosh