Notices

Anyone use Eibach Pro-Kits w/ Tokico Illuminas on a 6th gen?

Old 06-10-2003, 02:59 PM
Kingseth2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone use Eibach Pro-Kits w/ Tokico Illuminas on a 6th gen?

If so, how is your ride? I am thinking about this combo for my 98 Lx Sedan
Old 06-10-2003, 03:15 PM
Fred Cook

I currently have the Eibach Pro-Kit/ Tokico Illumina as my setup, but I'm switching my springs.

I'm replacing my Eibach Pro-Kit's with Neuspeed Sport's. The 1.8 (F) & 1.7 (R) from the Neuspeed Sport's is a much better looking drop then the 1.5 all the way around from the Eibach Pro-Kit's.

But if you're stuck on buying Pro-Kits and only care about ride quality and not the look of the drop, then you will be fine.

During the winter time when I had my stock tires and rims on you couldn't even tell it was dropped (It still looked dropped) since the quality of the ride felt just like stock. But now I have my 18's back on with a 40 side wall, the ride is still good, but a lot stiffer than stock.

As for the Tokico Illumina Shocks, I love them. I like the option of adjusting the stiffness, so does my girlfriend.... :thumbup:

Below is a photo of before (Stock) and after (Eibach Pro-Kit/ Tokico Illumina). Keep in mind, this photo was taken a few hours after the install (October 2002), so settlement hasn't occurred when this photo was taken.

Old 06-10-2003, 03:38 PM
Kingseth2

Wow thanks for the post, that was very helpful. I just bought 16" rims and I am considering upgrading the suspension. I do not want a harsher ride than stock. I am looking for a more sure-footed ride and a tighter feel when turning. Can I expect this as a result of upgrading springs and shocks?
Old 06-10-2003, 04:17 PM
Fred Cook

Originally posted by Kingseth2
Wow thanks for the post, that was very helpful. I just bought 16" rims and I am considering upgrading the suspension. I do not want a harsher ride than stock. I am looking for a more sure-footed ride and a tighter feel when turning. Can I expect this as a result of upgrading springs and shocks?
Yes, I would suggest you get Neuspeed Sport Springs and Tokico Illumina Shocks. What tires did you purchase? What are the size?
Old 06-10-2003, 04:57 PM
Kingseth2

I upgraded from my stock 15" wheel covers to a set of 16" Mille Miglia alloys with Continental ContiExtreme, high performance all-season tires. 205/55/16 V Rated.

I chose 16" wheels over 17" because I do not have the $$ or storage to swap out winter tires as the seasons change. Anyway I am looking into lowering the car for the reduction in wheel gap as well as improved handling.

My three MAJOR concerns with lowering the car and buying new shocks are: 1) I do not want to have to spend additional money on a camber kit, 2) I would like an even drop and 3) I would like to maintain a smooth ride with increased handling.

I am also slightly concerned that a new suspension setup may result in unwanted creaks/noises/clanks which I have heard people complain about with their aftermarket equipment.

If you have any other ideas I would appreciate your input as well as anyone else.
Old 06-10-2003, 10:33 PM
Kosh

Default Pro Kit

I have been riding with ProKit/Stock Shocks for about 4 months now. I must say, I love the springs. Rides like stock and handles (around corners) very nicely. My front Strut Bar from DC Sports may have helped a lil in that area too. I will prolly be upgrading to Koni Yellows pretty soon.

The 1.5 in Drop F/R in my opinion is the best/most even drop out there. I dont like it when the wheel is inside the wheel well or is way too close to it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
side1.jpg (195.8 KB, 148 views)
Old 06-11-2003, 12:16 AM
hondaboi

hey Fred Cook:

When are you planning on selling your prokits? If you are..let me know cuz im interested..how much you think you will be selling it?

let me know..contact me at cleaverv@hotmail.com

thanks!
Old 06-11-2003, 12:47 PM
Kingseth2

Will adding the Pro-kits and Tokico Illuminas have a negative affect on the longevity of other suspension parts, i.e. CV joints, camber issues (I JUST bought new tires), or anything else?

I don't want to upgrade to the Pro-kits and Tokicos if this would mean having to replace other parts prematurely. Anyone have any input or other advice?
Old 06-11-2003, 02:47 PM
Kosh

Default naw

your suspension will be fine. Just get an allignment done. Trust me, it makes all the difference to have the control and feel these things give you.

Kosh
Old 06-11-2003, 09:39 PM
jlin615
03.Accord.Coupe.LX

Default Re: Pro Kit

Originally posted by Kosh
I have been riding with ProKit/Stock Shocks for about 4 months now. I must say, I love the springs. Rides like stock and handles (around corners) very nicely. My front Strut Bar from DC Sports may have helped a lil in that area too. I will prolly be upgrading to Koni Yellows pretty soon.

The 1.5 in Drop F/R in my opinion is the best/most even drop out there. I dont like it when the wheel is inside the wheel well or is way too close to it.
Kosh, I got a silver coupe too and also planning to get Eibach Pro-Kit. In the picture, what size rims are you riding on? Do you have camber kit installed? Any suspension parts' problems, such as tire-wear, CV joint, bearing, etc?

Thanks!