Notices

Is it normal that A/C compressor spinning on and off?

Old 06-08-2003, 03:09 PM
momo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it normal that A/C compressor cycling on and off?

I had my A/C compressor and clutch replaced about a month ago due to the clutch was melted. After replacing with a new compressor and a clutch, my A/C blows cold again, but there is something I would like to know. My compressor clutch is spinning after I turn my A/C on, but after working for like few minutes, it stops spinning for another few minutes....and starts spinning again....like cycling....is it normal? Is there anything I should worry about it? Thanks.
Old 06-08-2003, 03:17 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World

Nope. That's the way it should work. Every cycle it pumps enough R134 through the condenser to keep the flow constant. The reason it cycles is to actually keep from freezing up. If it ran constantly, there would be no colder air comming out than there is now, and the compressor would seize in no time.
Old 06-08-2003, 10:22 PM
momo

Originally posted by fastball
Nope. That's the way it should work. Every cycle it pumps enough R134 through the condenser to keep the flow constant. The reason it cycles is to actually keep from freezing up. If it ran constantly, there would be no colder air comming out than there is now, and the compressor would seize in no time.
Thanks for the reply