Notices

Anyone used that clear plastic paint protector film?

Old 06-06-2003, 07:20 AM
c5kirk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone used that clear plastic paint protector film?

My dealer is trying to sell me on "Clearguard" which is that clear plastic film that attaches to the front bumper, hood, etc... and is supposed to protect the car from rock chips. I know that several companies make the stuff and am just wondering if anyone here has had it put on their vehicle and if so what are your impressions of it. Also, if you wouldn't mind disclosing what kind of car you put it on and how much $$$ it cost that would be welcome info. too.

Thanks!
Kirk
Old 06-06-2003, 07:29 AM
94AccordSedanEX

It works. My friend's got it on his car. Definately works. If they made one for my 94-95 Accord that went on the bumper, not the hood; I'd get it. Invest in it, definately a good purchase if ya care about your paint.
Old 06-06-2003, 10:11 AM
h240vtec

You can acuatly get this on the 3M website. I have some friends who have it and they recomend the 3M version. On the website they have custom kits which are cut to each cars individaul contours. They rage from 200.00 for the hood kit which covers the hood and fenders and 400 for the bumper kit. It also recommends professional instalation. Ziebart does it locally here in Chicago.
Old 06-06-2003, 02:13 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

Originally posted by h240vtec
You can acuatly get this on the 3M website. I have some friends who have it and they recomend the 3M version. On the website they have custom kits which are cut to each cars individaul contours. They rage from 200.00 for the hood kit which covers the hood and fenders and 400 for the bumper kit. It also recommends professional instalation. Ziebart does it locally here in Chicago.
do you have the exact link to the Accord specific Films?
There site is kinda big. www.3M.com
Old 06-06-2003, 03:19 PM
h240vtec

Hey Mr Chad sorry I dont, I acuatly got it hear on this website. I was trying to find it so that I could post it. As soon as I find it I will post it.
Old 06-06-2003, 04:43 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by 94AccordSedanEX
It works. My friend's got it on his car. Definately works. If they made one for my 94-95 Accord that went on the bumper, not the hood; I'd get it. Invest in it, definately a good purchase if ya care about your paint.
They do make em for our gen Accord. Talk to MrHyde, he's got it on his Akura and if im not mistaking, he's the one who posted the link way back in the day about this stuff, try doing a search or if that doesn't work, search for the posts by him and you may find what ur looking for.