Notices

anybody used one of these?

Old 05-15-2003, 09:18 PM
adslinstaller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anybody used one of these?

Found one of these & it peaked my curiosity. I was wondering if anybody here had any experience with it & if it would be as good as an AEM cold-air intake? :dunno:

http://www.autotoyaz.com/colairinsysr.html

http://www.jcwhitney.com/SearchCatCo...equestid=81922
Old 05-15-2003, 09:33 PM
whoaitslen2
hermit

Waste of money.. the piping is real long so the engine has to work harder to suck in air. Since the filter is up front it will get all wet and dirty when it rains and bugs will get all up in it too. Besides Ill make fun of you for having a wannabe fmic.
Old 05-15-2003, 09:36 PM
slpycd7
H22 fo lyfe!

It looks alright, but that would be a good/bad place for an intake filter. Good because it'll get alot of air, but bad cuz there'll be zillions of bugs and crap stuck to that thing, so cleaning it will be a bitch.

I would just suggest getting a real AEM Intake, go with something thats been tested and proven for gains, not something made to look cool. Either way its your money, its your car do what you want.
Old 05-15-2003, 09:40 PM
adslinstaller

that's what i thought. probably just go w/ the aem w/ the bypass valve. right now i've got a cheap-assed short ram that sounds pretty good. i got it off ebay. i paid 40 bucks for it shipped (the filter was worth that).
Old 05-15-2003, 10:44 PM
RY2K
5 speed

can you even get that thing wet?
Old 05-15-2003, 10:48 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

Originally posted by adslinstaller
that's what i thought. probably just go w/ the aem w/ the bypass valve. right now i've got a cheap-assed short ram that sounds pretty good. i got it off ebay. i paid 40 bucks for it shipped (the filter was worth that).
I got my girl the OBX CAI for 62 and they works great, no Bypass valve needed. It rains a lot here, but no 2 ft puddles.
Old 05-15-2003, 10:56 PM
AadosX

You don't need a bypass valve, don't use one. Unless you drive in lakes.
Old 05-16-2003, 01:21 AM
mayonaise

Originally posted by AadosX
You don't need a bypass valve, don't use one. Unless you drive in lakes.
different people say different things. i've seen this debate a hundred times, and there's always people that swear by bypass valves, and people that say they're a complete waste of money... some people claim that they drive thru not-that-big puddles and get water sucked up thru their CAI's, which consequently destroys the engine block... so i dunno, better safe than sorry, in my opinion
Old 05-16-2003, 03:18 AM
Bl@ck
Sinner

Originally posted by mayonaise
some people claim that they drive thru not-that-big puddles and get water sucked up thru their CAI's, which consequently destroys the engine block... so i dunno, better safe than sorry, in my opinion
i guess that depends on your definition of "not-that-big puddles" i still say you'll need to drive through a lake to warrant having a bypass valve.
Old 05-16-2003, 08:12 AM
OffDuty

The RS Racng Cold Front Intake Systems are designed to be mounted in the front of the vehicle, allowing cool, clean air to enter the intake system. Features a removable lexan window that helps protect the filter element from hazards. However, it can be removed for race purposes. Many applications currently available.

...sooo, there is a plexiglass screen to block it off... and the air it sucks in too? :thumbdwn: