Notices

Need some help

Old 05-08-2003, 06:57 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help

I am recieving money from a settlement, and some of it is going to go in my car.

1. Body Kit - WW Big Mouth kit
2. Turbo
3. Spoiler

Ok, easy question first... should I go with the stock spoiler, or the WW Mid Height spoiler? Not the 3 piece, the one piece wing that sits on the trunk lid only.

I was thinking about an F-Max turbo kit... I know someone that has one on his CL, and from what I've read, F-Max kits are more reliable.

I want to run a moderate amount of boost, probably 6-8psi... will I need to strengthen the motor? I'll add a lightened flywheel and a good clutch to handle the extra hp, but will my motor (with 90kmi on it) handle the extra pressure? Im also going to increace the injector size for more fuel... what will have to be done with the cars computer to idle and run larger injectors and manage the boost as well?

Thanks for any input... I hope to complete this before the summer.
Old 05-08-2003, 07:20 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

Personal Opinion:

I like the OEM spoiler over the mid-wing

The 95 EX I had before with Turbo, I sold the guy working at my cousin's shop, the SOHC VTEC F22B1 can't handle it so he swapped out for an H22A with a T4. I didn't know anything about car back then, but from all think i've heard, it's not worth it. That same amount of money would be good going for a swap. You'll get newer motor with about the same gain and less worries and tune up. H22 now a day are pretty cheap so you might save up some cash for a Zex wet kit that can be used for fun.

Hope you'll have a great summer
Old 05-08-2003, 08:39 PM
AadosX

OEM spoiler!
Old 05-08-2003, 08:46 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

Well I'm kinda set on a turbo... I really love the sound, and I dont want to have to worry about where a new motor came from and what it went through in its last miles in the last car. Someone I know bought a motor that claimed to have under 30kmi, when he got it the thing was the dirtiest motor ive ever seen... definatly looked to have well over 100k on it. Needless to say, it didnt last him too long either... 20kmi it was done.

I really DONT want nitrous... I want something permenant and legal... nitrous, to me, is the short-cut to hp.

Im leaning tward the OEM spoiler too.
Old 05-08-2003, 09:03 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

heres a pic of the mid-height spoiler for people that are unfamiliar with it.

here