Notices

'03 Coupe 6-Speed HELP!!!!!

Old 05-07-2003, 03:16 PM
KHammett

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '03 Coupe 6-Speed HELP!!!!!

hey guys-
i have a 2003 accord coupe v6 6-speed. it is less than a month old, and has 210 miles on it. i got back from school today, finally getting the car for good. but when i took it out for a spin today, i noticed that every time i put it into a gear (any gear, including reverse), or put it into neutral, i hear a "Click" from the engine.
I had my friend help me locate it, so i opened the hood, and had him shift in and out of first, and i finally saw where the noise was coming from. Now, i really dont know anything about car engines, so i cant really describe what it was. Any ideas what it could be? Is this harmful?

thanks
Old 05-07-2003, 03:19 PM
whoaitslen2
hermit

Its normal dude. Listen to manual cars when they shift into gear and youll hear a small click. If it was a grinding click then Id be worried.
Old 05-07-2003, 03:22 PM
KHammett

thanks for the speedy reply...

the reason why im worried is because i never heard it when i picked it up 3 weeks ago, or on any manual car ive driven for that matter. the click that i am hearing doesnt seem very normal to me. i hope i am just being anal about my new car hahaha.
Old 05-07-2003, 03:34 PM
TJCCARDCO

There should be a click when you put it into gear, louder in reverse.
Old 05-07-2003, 03:38 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, but this has got to be the newbiest question ever. All cars make clicks when you change gears...the car has to make a noise going into gear. Hondas are usually louder than other cars at this.

How are you enjoying the car? What color is she? I love the 6 speed :thumbup:
Old 05-07-2003, 04:44 PM
KHammett

yeah, im a complete dumbass. thanks for you help guys. i admit it, im a newbie. i really was never a big car guy (sports and music, yes), but i have recently gotten into cars. haha this is embarassing, cuz i was freaking out over nothing. basically i went to my dads rx-7 and went to see if i could hear the clicks, and i did. weird thing is that i have been driving manual cars for a while, and i NEVER realized the click. I guess since this is my new baby, im being extra suspicious and careful with it. so again, thanks a lot guys for helping me out, i really appreciate it.

on the side, its a silver one w/ a spoiler, fog lights, and day/night mirror. man oh man do i love this car.

Old 05-07-2003, 04:51 PM
Kingseth2

Sweet Ride.

I've noticed something about myself and it may apply to you...I bought my first car in February of 2002, it is a 98 Accord I4 5spd now with 78xxx miles on it. It is a very new car and I love it, now here's my theory....

If you own a car and drive it daily, you will notice the slightest moan, creeck, squeek or clunk anytime something makes a noise. In addition the longer you drive the same car the greater the chances that you'll notice a noise that you THINK you may not have heard before, but in all actuality that noise or quark was always present. It just took time for you to notice. Bottom line, try not to be as paranoid with your car as I am, it's not worth the stress. Enjoy:thumbup:
Old 05-07-2003, 05:37 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World

You bought a Honda......... Thou shall have no fear!

Seriously, all you need to do is keep up with the oil changes, change the timming belt every 90,000, and the car should be trouble free. I happen to like the click of the Honda manual transmission engaging reverse...... very reasuring and solid.