Notices

Okay, Lets Go Over This Once More...

Old 05-05-2003, 08:24 AM
DJ Scotty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Okay, Lets Go Over This Once More...

Your thumbs up and thumbs down on adding/altering OEM equipment on my San Marino Red 99 EX V-6 Coupe and your analysis on why...

-Keep the OEM body kit, rear wing, fogs and stainless exhaust tips? Dont change the factory rear spoiler for a bigger one, which sits much higher off the trunk?

-Change the 16" alloys for 18" chrome?

-Change the (approx.) 20% tint for blacked-out limo or that silver-to-black "fading" tint that seems to be in now?

-Changing the chrome badging all over the car for gold or black chrome---or removing all badging completely?

-Changing the dealer license plate frames for tinted ones, or adding neon frames to glow from BEHIND the plates---NOT around them?

-Add that "body side moulding" on the sides of the car?

-Add the splash guards? Will they fit with the body kit?

-Add the half nose mask for the front end?

-Add HID headlamps; then what to do with the factory fogs?

-Do something with the taillamps?
Old 05-05-2003, 08:35 AM
AcuraFanatic

Default Re: Okay, Lets Go Over This Once More...

Originally posted by DJ Scotty

-Keep the OEM body kit, rear wing, fogs and stainless exhaust tips? Dont change the factory rear spoiler for a bigger one, which sits much higher off the trunk?
Keep the OEM body kit and wing. If you opt for anything, do Wings West, but OEM looks the best IMO. Bigger spoilers are stupid, and stainless steel exhaust works fine.

-Change the 16" alloys for 18" chrome?
18" wheels and tires would be good, but chrome rims suck. Hard to keep clean, plus I think they look gawd awful in general.

-Change the (approx.) 20% tint for blacked-out limo or that silver-to-black "fading" tint that seems to be in now?
Black to silver tint is uber gay. Blacked out windows are alright, if you enjoy not having rear visibility during the night time.

-Changing the chrome badging all over the car for gold or black chrome---or removing all badging completely?
Shave the badges and paint the Honda badge flat black (the Honda badge cannot be removed without leaving two holes behind).

-Changing the dealer license plate frames for tinted ones, or adding neon frames to glow from BEHIND the plates---NOT around them?
Color tined plates are gay, and neon lights are rice. I have a regular tinted license plate cover and it looks great. Please don't do anything else. :ugh:

-Add that "body side moulding" on the sides of the car?
More practicality than looks...if they're painted, do it.

-Add the splash guards? Will they fit with the body kit?
Splash guards really aren't needed and probably won't with your body kit.

-Add the half nose mask for the front end?
Ick. If you want nose paint protection, use 3M clear tape.

-Add HID headlamps; then what to do with the factory fogs?
Sylvania 4100K is a good HID system. Keep the factory fogs, they look good.

-Do something with the taillamps?
Please no. Especially not on the Coupe. :ugh:
Old 05-05-2003, 08:56 AM
DJ Scotty

Default Re: Re: Okay, Lets Go Over This Once More...

Originally posted by AcuraFanatic
Keep the OEM body kit and wing. If you opt for anything, do Wings West, but OEM looks the best IMO. Bigger spoilers are stupid, and stainless steel exhaust works fine.

18" wheels and tires would be good, but chrome rims suck. Hard to keep clean, plus I think they look gawd awful in general.

Black to silver tint is uber gay. Blacked out windows are alright, if you enjoy not having rear visibility during the night time.

Shave the badges and paint the Honda badge flat black (the Honda badge cannot be removed without leaving two holes behind).

Color tined plates are gay, and neon lights are rice. I have a regular tinted license plate cover and it looks great. Please don't do anything else. :ugh:

More practicality than looks...if they're painted, do it.

Splash guards really aren't needed and probably won't with your body kit.

Ick. If you want nose paint protection, use 3M clear tape.

Sylvania 4100K is a good HID system. Keep the factory fogs, they look good.

Please no. Especially not on the Coupe. :ugh:
Thank you for all your opinions; with regard to the silver fading tint...why do so many cars have them now? Are they really a "ghetto" thing more than a fad? Seems the ghetto cars have them here, so I wont really consider it, but was just curious; they do seem more interesting than regular tinted glass...and what of the side body moulding Honda offers as an accessory? To me, they add more, well, "lines" to the slab-sided Accord; you know? Like it breaks the body up and adds, instead of side scoops and General Motors-like cladding, some character to the sleek-sided Accord...do you disagree?

Yeah, I wasnt planning on adding colored license covers----just the plain tinted ones you mention. But I have been given tickets by the cops here before for these on my white 94 Accord EX; thats why I was suggesting red neon glowing from BEHIND the plates, not around them---more of like a Fast and the Furious look---you still disagree with neon?

If I go with 18s, I will need a body drop, right? What do you think of the stock 16s? Are they DECENT at least? And definitely keep the factory fogs? Are there any good HID fog systems out there, or does no one do HID fogs?

Thanks again for your opinions....I respect them all and PROMISE not to go ANYWHERE near the Rice Route...you have my word! :thumbup:
Old 05-05-2003, 09:34 AM
Kingseth2

Dude, do what you want to make yourself happy. Why do you care about impressing people with your car? What matters is your level of satisfaction and happiness, not other peoples.
Old 05-05-2003, 09:53 AM
DJ Scotty

Originally posted by Kingseth2
Dude, do what you want to make yourself happy. Why do you care about impressing people with your car? What matters is your level of satisfaction and happiness, not other peoples.
Im just trying to analyze if the OEM gear I ordered the vehicle with can be considered...."loaded enough"....I guess MY level of satisfaction has been realized; but something I would like to change are the rims----for some reason, to me, wheels make and break the appearance of a car...a good example is when my stock 16's are filthy from rain or whatever, they seem suddenly TINY and it changes the WHOLE LOOK of the car when it suddenly looks like the car is sitting on tiny little rims....I HATE IT....plus, to me, the aluminum alloy wheels dont look "bling bling" enough for me even when the sun hits them---to me, nothing grabs other driver's attention more than chrome rims being hit by the sun; that is ONE mod I am insiting on if I do any more to the car....the wheels really get on my nerves though.
Old 05-05-2003, 11:22 AM
jschmid

Still mulling over the coupe eh?

I'd say dont' get 18's unless you lower the car, and don't get chrome. If you want some Bling like you say, just get some with a polished lip.

Keep the OEM stuff. Only add the side moldings if you are getting lots of unavoidable door dings.

Don't add any of the other stuff you listed except HID.

Leave all the rest alone.

Please don't get the silver fade tint.

There's my input.

Old 05-05-2003, 12:01 PM
DJ Scotty

Originally posted by jschmid
Still mulling over the coupe eh?

I'd say dont' get 18's unless you lower the car, and don't get chrome. If you want some Bling like you say, just get some with a polished lip.

Keep the OEM stuff. Only add the side moldings if you are getting lots of unavoidable door dings.

Don't add any of the other stuff you listed except HID.

Leave all the rest alone.

Please don't get the silver fade tint.

There's my input.

What Up J,

Yeah...Im still here contemplating what to do with the coupe....lol...now, I understand your passions with asking me not to get 18's without a drop---but I really want shiny, bling bling shoes larger than the stock 16ers, yet I REALLY didnt want to mess with the car's suspension system at all, or start tinkering with springs, shocks, lowering, etc....and I see the unavoidable 4X4 effect that happens when dropping large aftermarket wheels on an unlowered car; doesnt look all that good, and the gap in the wheelwell is STILL there anyway. Yet these 16 inchers arent really getting any of attention by other drivers anymore; especially now that many cars are coming with no less than 17 inch tires....the top-of-the-line Accord's 16 inch alloy wheel package is, as they say, "no big deal anymore"....people pass my car like its not even there now; the 16s look small in comparison to may wheels out there....this is beginning to bother me...

Well, I WAS getting door dings in my apartment complex's parking lot, until I moved my car away from the ****in' asshole who parked next to me in his Trail Blazer and was putting dents in there almost every day and didnt care----now that I have a new spot, and have taken the other dents out, the car hasnt been seeing any dents...what do you have against the side moulding, just out of curiosity? It was one of the OEM pieces I didnt order with the car for some reason....I thought it wasnt necessary....

What about leaving the stock halogen lights? Is that okay too, with the stock fogs, instead of trading up to HID? Just wanted your thoughts on stock headlights...

What of this silver fade tint? Why dont you like it? It seems very ghetto, is that why? The ****in' idiots here in New York with the 1990 hooked up Legends and Lexus ES250's all drop 20" chrome rims and this silver fade tinting and cruise around the ****in' ghetto neighborhoods like they are driving Lamborghinis or something....but the silver tint looked different, and seems to be all the rage now----is it just a ghetto thing, for real? Your input would be most welcome...thanks for all your thoughts, as always....
Old 05-05-2003, 01:37 PM
RY2K
5 speed

What of this silver fade tint? Why dont you like it? It seems very ghetto, is that why? The ****in' idiots here in New York with the 1990 hooked up Legends and Lexus ES250's all drop 20" chrome rims and this silver fade tinting and cruise around the ****in' ghetto neighborhoods like they are driving Lamborghinis or something....but the silver tint looked different, and seems to be all the rage now----is it just a ghetto thing, for real? Your input would be most welcome...thanks for all your thoughts, as always....
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

what part of long island are you from

nassau or suffolk
Old 05-05-2003, 01:42 PM
DJ Scotty

Originally posted by RY2K
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

what part of long island are you from

nassau or suffolk
Im in Nassau, the Rockville Centre area; I was referring to the kids I see (athough they are in my area now too) around my friend's neighborhood in Glendale, Queens (he recently moved to Florida and away from New York) with these like 91 Legends with cheesy ass Raco body kits all beat up and 25" chrome rims that dont even match sometimes, cutting everyone off as they zoom to the next red light to go absolutely nowhere, their feet hanging out of the driver side window, baseball hat to the side like complete retards....is this the kind of demographic buying silver fade tint?

Where are you in NY?
Old 05-05-2003, 02:28 PM
RY2K
5 speed

all 5 boroughs are like that any legend you see is ghettoed out
you forgot about the old Q45s though

I live in Oyster Bay
and I go to Hofstra