Notices

Axxis Ultimate pads

Old 05-05-2003, 12:21 AM
phatnadz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axxis Ultimate pads

My OEM pads are getting worn down, so I'm contemplating buying these Ultimates because they're just as cheap as the stock pads.

Seeing that my current brake system is completely stock, will I notice any benefit from these pads over OEM? How long will these pads last when compared to the OEM? Will they warp my rotors quicker than the OEM pads?

Thanks!
Old 05-05-2003, 12:26 AM
Fred Cook

I never heard of Ultimate Pads, but I know of other people using different brand pads and not being happy with the quality. Stick with OEM!

Just my $0.02
Old 05-05-2003, 10:34 AM
TypeSH

ultimates I hear are supposed to be great pads. They have a broader range of temperatures than the Axxis Metal Masters, but most likely have shorter life than the oem type pads. Try www.cobaltfriction.com, they had great service and a decent price on them.

and most of the time people don't "warp" rotors. They have uneven wear and the rotor runout ( think thats the term?) goes off spec or other factors cause steering wheel shaking (unevenly torqued lug nuts). But rotors dont warp because of brake pads, its driving style and the such. You probably wont heat the rotor high enough to warp them unless you really do track/drag strip time or something stupid on the street