Notices

Help, Lighting

Old 05-04-2003, 09:46 PM
(98)2DrAV6
Jigga wut?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help, Lighting

Ok, the beam patter on my passenger side is fine. When I have the lights on, the passenger side makes a nice rectangle beam on my garage door, now on the other hand, my drivers side beam is distorted lookin, its not crisp and clear like the passenger side headlight. No rectangle at all, just kinda blahh beam. Any suggestions? I tried aiming it every which way, but it doesnt seem to help. I also use sylvania bulbs if that helps any.

And also, my odometer light is out along with my clock light. Are those 2 seperate light bulbs or what? My odo light went out when I installed my new headunit, but everything else on the gauge cluster is fine.

Also im trying to look for a license plate harness thingy. When I got rearended long time ago I guess I never got it put on. Now all I have above my license plate is a cut out with a socket (That doesnt look in too good of a condition) in the cutout. Any suggestions where I can get the whole license plate light assembly before I get pulled over for a fix it ticket?
Old 05-04-2003, 11:12 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

Sorry to hear of the rearending... you can try www.hondaautomotiveparts.com for the harness/lights... whatever is missing.

The odometer light and clock light are 2 seperate bulbs... it could be possible the bulbs are just bad... you'll have to pull them out and check the bulbs to see. Also, make sure there aren't any bad fuses... knowing Honda, theres probably a seperate fuse for those 2 bulbs somewhere.

As far as the headlights go, thats a really good question... Installing "white" type bulbs makes the beam pattern more apparent, so you'll notice the flaws more. If you have any buddies with the same car, check their beam pattern... see if the left side is suposed to be more like the right side. I know in my 5th gen accord, the left and right beams were very similar. Start by checking to be sure the bulb is seated properly in the housing. If worst comes to worse... you may have to replace the headlight with a used one off ebay or something.
Old 05-05-2003, 04:20 AM
(98)2DrAV6
Jigga wut?

Thanks, do you know how I get to the odo light bulb?