Thread: No Turn Signals

No Turn Signals

I have a 96 accord and i know that when you dont have the hazard switch in you wont have any blinkers. Well I lost my turn signals today and I dont know how to get them back I checked all the fuses they are all good. I do have the headlights and the jdm corners working but there is no turn signal at all. could this be cause when I hooked up the jdm corners I took one buld out from each side. please someone help me.

Who needs turn signals. Just stick your hand out the window.
    '04 Civic EX Coupe :::: Cusco, CCW, T1R, ASR, Wilwood, Hotchkis, etc.
    '92 Accord EX-L Sedan :::: JDM H22A AT->MT Swapped California Shelled Sleeper
    '76 Accord Hatchback ::: 70,174 miles, Restomod Project, H22A Swap Dreams

Did you check the 7.5 amp turn signal fuse under the dash? And the 15 amp hazard fuse in the engine bay?

when did they stop working?
    http://www.mosesgoat.com/sig.jpg

1995 Honda Accord EX-R | 1988 Honda Accord EX-i | 1987 Honda Accord LX (R.I.P.)

they stop working today I think i cant remember if I used them yesterday, I have checked all the fuses and they are all still good I will double check tomorrow though also. Is there any other good insite that anyone can give me so when I check it out some more tomorrow

This sounds stupid but did you check your turn signal bulbs to make sure they aren't burnt out?

So since we all know the turn signals won't work if the hazard button isn't installed..........is the hazard button fully hooked up?

Connection may have come loose.

If not is the switch burnt out?

Seems logical conclusions to me.
    "I'll keep my money, guns and freedom. You can keep the "Change."

OK correct me if im wrong. On a Stock 94-97 accord you have 2 bulbs in your corner lights. Im pretty sure one bulb does the blinking and the other bulb stays on. The Real JDM stanley corner lights have one bulb insert. You said you put one bulb in the corner lights. Now I just got a pair of JDM headlights/corner lights. The only bulb/corner plugs that will fit is the the one that stays on all the time. Unless I got some special pair that does not let the blinking bulb/plug fit in it.

So basically you put the blub/plug that stays on fully and left the one that does the blinking out? Am I correct? That is my guess. Im pretty sure it is this cause or the post above.

Jon
    http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...b/fa439df6.jpg

Need a computer? Lap top? PM and I can get you a good deal.

Originally posted by 96JdmAccord
    OK correct me if im wrong. On a Stock 94-97 accord you have 2 bulbs in your corner lights. Im pretty sure one bulb does the blinking and the other bulb stays on. The Real JDM stanley corner lights have one bulb insert. You said you put one bulb in the corner lights. Now I just got a pair of JDM headlights/corner lights. The only bulb/corner plugs that will fit is the the one that stays on all the time. Unless I got some special pair that does not let the blinking bulb/plug fit in it.

So basically you put the blub/plug that stays on fully and left the one that does the blinking out? Am I correct? That is my guess. Im pretty sure it is this cause or the post above.

Jon
    Actually the 94-95 corner bulbs is the one where only one blinks and the other stays on. In the 96-97 both stay on. The 96-97 front bumper turn signal is bigger then 94-95 because DOT requires that turn signal be visible from the front and front right side.

You can just swap the sockets by cutting off the socket on the one that blinks and rewire it to fit.

Older Honda Fanatic SumAccordGuy94's Avatar
    Originally posted by 99accord
    i'm lost....
    whore.

Re: No Turn Signals

Originally posted by Phat8186
    I have a 96 accord and i know that when you dont have the hazard switch in you wont have any blinkers. Well I lost my turn signals today and I dont know how to get them back I checked all the fuses they are all good. I do have the headlights and the jdm corners working but there is no turn signal at all. could this be cause when I hooked up the jdm corners I took one buld out from each side. please someone help me.

are you sure the bulbs that you removed weren't the blinkers?

Re: Re: No Turn Signals

Originally posted by 99accord
    are you sure the bulbs that you removed weren't the blinkers?
    In a 96 the corner bulbs are not part of the turn signals. Besides, if they were, a single 194 bulb missing per side is not gonna make the signals not work.

hey Elite... who is Karen??

Originally posted by SumAccordGuy94
    AznPrncs69 OG female mod

The blonde on the right?? is that her???

The blonde on the right?? is that her???
    Karen is the asian on the left. The blonde on the right is Zuzana.

Originally posted by EliteAccord
    The blonde on the right is Zuzana.
    absolutley gorgeous!

noobs go figure
    sometimes in the battle for speed one has to take the bus
    "sex should be like driving a honda, slow, obscene and loud enough for the neighbors to hear"

Originally posted by decibel_dj
    noobs go figure
    actually ive been here longer than you. Sorry I dont pay attention to EVERYTHING on this site.

:tfg:

Re: Re: Re: No Turn Signals

In a 96 the corner bulbs are not part of the turn signals. Besides, if they were, a single 194 bulb missing per side is not gonna make the signals not work.
    it would just make all the other turn signals blink really fast(for 94-95)

Honda-Acura
    Honda S2000

Honda-Acura