Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: No Turn Signals

  1. #1
    Senior Member Phat8186's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    NY/ CT
    Posts
    355

    No Turn Signals

    I have a 96 accord and i know that when you dont have the hazard switch in you wont have any blinkers. Well I lost my turn signals today and I dont know how to get them back I checked all the fuses they are all good. I do have the headlights and the jdm corners working but there is no turn signal at all. could this be cause when I hooked up the jdm corners I took one buld out from each side. please someone help me.

  2. #2
    Senior Member AcuraFanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Southern NH
    Posts
    37,273
    Who needs turn signals. Just stick your hand out the window.
    '04 Civic EX Coupe :::: Cusco, CCW, T1R, ASR, Wilwood, Hotchkis, etc.
    '92 Accord EX-L Sedan :::: JDM H22A AT->MT Swapped California Shelled Sleeper
    '76 Accord Hatchback ::: 70,174 miles, Restomod Project, H22A Swap Dreams

  3. #3
    Did you check the 7.5 amp turn signal fuse under the dash? And the 15 amp hazard fuse in the engine bay?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Nfld, Canada
    Posts
    328
    when did they stop working?
    http://www.mosesgoat.com/sig.jpg

    1995 Honda Accord EX-R | 1988 Honda Accord EX-i | 1987 Honda Accord LX (R.I.P.)

  5. #5
    Senior Member Phat8186's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    NY/ CT
    Posts
    355
    they stop working today I think i cant remember if I used them yesterday, I have checked all the fuses and they are all still good I will double check tomorrow though also. Is there any other good insite that anyone can give me so when I check it out some more tomorrow

  6. #6
    This sounds stupid but did you check your turn signal bulbs to make sure they aren't burnt out?

  7. #7
    un-Touch'd krew Nightshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    My own level of hell
    Posts
    51,766
    So since we all know the turn signals won't work if the hazard button isn't installed..........is the hazard button fully hooked up?

    Connection may have come loose.

    If not is the switch burnt out?

    Seems logical conclusions to me.
    "I'll keep my money, guns and freedom. You can keep the "Change."

  8. #8
    Im So JDM 96JdmAccord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    3,724
    OK correct me if im wrong. On a Stock 94-97 accord you have 2 bulbs in your corner lights. Im pretty sure one bulb does the blinking and the other bulb stays on. The Real JDM stanley corner lights have one bulb insert. You said you put one bulb in the corner lights. Now I just got a pair of JDM headlights/corner lights. The only bulb/corner plugs that will fit is the the one that stays on all the time. Unless I got some special pair that does not let the blinking bulb/plug fit in it.

    So basically you put the blub/plug that stays on fully and left the one that does the blinking out? Am I correct? That is my guess. Im pretty sure it is this cause or the post above.

    Jon
    http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...b/fa439df6.jpg

    Need a computer? Lap top? PM and I can get you a good deal.

  9. #9
    Originally posted by 96JdmAccord
    OK correct me if im wrong. On a Stock 94-97 accord you have 2 bulbs in your corner lights. Im pretty sure one bulb does the blinking and the other bulb stays on. The Real JDM stanley corner lights have one bulb insert. You said you put one bulb in the corner lights. Now I just got a pair of JDM headlights/corner lights. The only bulb/corner plugs that will fit is the the one that stays on all the time. Unless I got some special pair that does not let the blinking bulb/plug fit in it.

    So basically you put the blub/plug that stays on fully and left the one that does the blinking out? Am I correct? That is my guess. Im pretty sure it is this cause or the post above.

    Jon
    Actually the 94-95 corner bulbs is the one where only one blinks and the other stays on. In the 96-97 both stay on. The 96-97 front bumper turn signal is bigger then 94-95 because DOT requires that turn signal be visible from the front and front right side.

    You can just swap the sockets by cutting off the socket on the one that blinks and rewire it to fit.

  10. #10

  11. #11
    Older Honda Fanatic SumAccordGuy94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Adirondacks of NY
    Posts
    3,154
    Originally posted by 99accord
    i'm lost....
    whore.

  12. #12
    www.poksquid.com 99accord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Guam/Las Vegas
    Posts
    733

    Re: No Turn Signals

    Originally posted by Phat8186
    I have a 96 accord and i know that when you dont have the hazard switch in you wont have any blinkers. Well I lost my turn signals today and I dont know how to get them back I checked all the fuses they are all good. I do have the headlights and the jdm corners working but there is no turn signal at all. could this be cause when I hooked up the jdm corners I took one buld out from each side. please someone help me.

    are you sure the bulbs that you removed weren't the blinkers?

  13. #13
    Older Honda Fanatic SumAccordGuy94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Adirondacks of NY
    Posts
    3,154

    Re: Re: No Turn Signals

    Originally posted by 99accord
    are you sure the bulbs that you removed weren't the blinkers?
    In a 96 the corner bulbs are not part of the turn signals. Besides, if they were, a single 194 bulb missing per side is not gonna make the signals not work.

  14. #14
    Older Honda Fanatic SumAccordGuy94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Adirondacks of NY
    Posts
    3,154
    hey Elite... who is Karen??

  15. #15
    Originally posted by SumAccordGuy94
    hey Elite... who is Karen??
    AznPrncs69 OG female mod

  16. #16
    Older Honda Fanatic SumAccordGuy94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Adirondacks of NY
    Posts
    3,154
    The blonde on the right?? is that her???

  17. #17
    Originally posted by SumAccordGuy94
    The blonde on the right?? is that her???
    Karen is the asian on the left. The blonde on the right is Zuzana.

  18. #18
    Older Honda Fanatic SumAccordGuy94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Adirondacks of NY
    Posts
    3,154
    Originally posted by EliteAccord
    The blonde on the right is Zuzana.
    absolutley gorgeous!

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    1,145
    Originally posted by SumAccordGuy94
    hey Elite... who is Karen??
    noobs go figure
    sometimes in the battle for speed one has to take the bus
    "sex should be like driving a honda, slow, obscene and loud enough for the neighbors to hear"

  20. #20
    Older Honda Fanatic SumAccordGuy94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Adirondacks of NY
    Posts
    3,154
    Originally posted by decibel_dj
    noobs go figure
    actually ive been here longer than you. Sorry I dont pay attention to EVERYTHING on this site.

  21. #21
    :tfg:



  22. #22
    5 speed RY2K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    NY, long island
    Posts
    955

    Re: Re: Re: No Turn Signals

    Originally posted by SumAccordGuy94
    In a 96 the corner bulbs are not part of the turn signals. Besides, if they were, a single 194 bulb missing per side is not gonna make the signals not work.
    it would just make all the other turn signals blink really fast(for 94-95)

  23. #22
    Honda-Acura
    Honda S2000

    Honda-Acura

     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Honda and the Honda marquee are registered trademarks of the American Honda Motor Company, Inc. Neither American Honda Motor Company nor its subsidiaries or affiliates shall bear any responsibility for Honda-acura.net content, comments, or advertising. Honda-acura.net is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Company in any way. American Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse Honda-acura.net in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2