Notices

Advice for selling my wife's 98 Accord EX L

Old 10-09-2010, 12:24 PM
HardSpike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice for selling my wife's 98 Accord EX L

We stumbled in to a deal for a super nice used car for my wife. Weren't looking at all, but it was too good of a deal to pass up. So, now I'm tasked with selling her existing car. In two to three days since we found out about and agreed to purchase the replacement we've already got about three or four people expressing interest. An this is just from mentioning it to people in casual conversation.

A little bit about the car. It's got about 190,000 miles on it. We bought it six years ago with about 114,000. It's the EX-L model with dark blue exterior and light blue leather interior. About nine months ago we put on new Michelin MXV4 tires all around, replaced the timing belt and all new brakes. It got a new battery a month ago. The car runs fine.

I don't buy and sell cars very often so I'm not up on the latest ways to do it. I looked on Kelly Blue Book and found that I should be able to get $2,590 to $3,590 for it. I would expect to be closer to the top number than the bottom (but what seller doesn't feel that way )

I guess the most important thing I need to figure out is the asking price. Are the KBB numbers good ones to go by? Any other thoughts on pricing?

Anything else I should be thinking about as I go about selling this car?
Old 10-11-2010, 07:22 AM
Accord1278

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just use KBB as a reference point. Look around on the web, especially on Craigslist, etc. and see what similar cars are selling for and get a price point from there. If you stay competitive enough, you should be able to sell it quickly.