Notices

OKAY! If that gay-ass Mazda6 can have dual exhaust...

Old 04-09-2003, 07:04 AM
JiggaFan
PIMP-strollin' on 'em!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OKAY! If that gay-ass Mazda6 can have dual exhaust...

...my accord shouldn't look that bad with it.

I am in the midst of getting a carsound cat and 2.25" piping back to a new stock-ish twin-tip muffler. But I see this Mazda6 out in the parking lot with the dualed exhaust (single tip on right and left) and I'm thinking maybe I won't look so ridiculous with a right and left single tip on my Accord.

Instead of doing 2.25" single piping, i'd have to split it to two 1.5" or so pipes to go to each side of the gas tank, right?

I've also noticed how even the smallest Audi's have dual exhaust. Perhaps a 5th Gen isn't too small for such a thing. Maybe dressing up the rear with a lower lip thinggy would help a bit. so that the exhaust tips appear more "integrated" in the rear bumper rather than hanging off the bottom of the bumper.
Old 04-09-2003, 07:56 AM
AadosX

What the mock dual exhaust 4 cyl. engine cars have is one pipe going to the rear, then a muffler with two tips coming out. The only difference is that the muffler is further back in the car, and the pipes coming out of it go to diff sides, rather than the same.

Anyways, the Mazda6 is a sweet looking car dude.

If you want dual exhaust, just do 2.25" back to the muffler, glasspack, whatever you want, then split it, but dont decrease the size... just stay with 2.25"... then your tips. It's easy. Dependant on the sound you want, you probably don't want the gurgle sound, I'd say go with a nice muffler, or maybe a glasspack, though they tend to make the gurgly sound more.... then again you do have a 4 cyl. right? The glasspack or muffler can come right after the cat., then piping, then one pipe will come out of the other pipe, for both sides. Downsides to this will be: it may look like more smoke is coming out of one tip than the other, especially right when you turn on your car, and in the winter. Usually they cannot do an even split in a car like yours because there is nowhere to put the piping. By dual split I mean split right after the muffler, with even length piping, so that the above problem doesn't happen. If you can find a muffler with two outs, that is the best way too, but then again, prolly not enough space for two pipes side by side going back to the rear of your car.

Anyways, if you get some nice looking tips, yes it will look good on your Accord.
Old 04-09-2003, 09:32 AM
92lx

dual exhaust best size is 2.0" in diameter on each side, however, I'm assuming that is assuming that you are feeding that with a 2.25" or 2.5" at very most.

2.5 = 200+ hp, 2.25 = 200-
Old 04-10-2003, 03:38 AM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

just remember the mazda6 incorporates the muffler tips with the rear bumper very nicely which is half the battle with dual exhaust on our cars and isn't it only the V6 models with dual exhaust.
Old 04-10-2003, 05:21 AM
skabone69

I've seen a couple of 5th gens with dual exhaust on one of the boards, and I've got dual exhaust on my 6th gen. I like the look, on the 5th gen I saw he had a nice rear kit with the dual ports cut out, it looked tight. Do it up if you really want it.
Old 04-10-2003, 05:38 AM
Matt86
vtec ownz j00

Originally posted by skabone69
Do it up if you really want it.
:werd: I think it'll look aight
Old 04-10-2003, 08:08 AM
BlackChrome
E46/CD5

Um, Mazda 6 isn't gay ass at all. It's a nice car actually.
Old 04-10-2003, 08:18 AM
AadosX

:werd:

I'll post a pic of my friends 1991 Nissan Maxima today with dual 18" chrome tips, 3" diameter haha. Dual exhaust can look good on any car if done right.
Old 04-10-2003, 08:25 AM
KAUAI KANE
91' Toyota Supra

Location: Iwakuni, Japan. And where ever the Marine Corps sends me

just dont get dual 4" FART CANS or something like that
Old 04-10-2003, 11:08 AM
99accord
www.poksquid.com

do it!! do it!!