Notices

BS Ticket

Old 04-04-2003, 09:23 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BS Ticket

The other day I got a ticket for "Exhaust aftermarket to amplify sound"... as some of you know, I have the Apex-i World Sport exhaust. I was origionally pulled over for "cutting off another car" when I had plenty of room, and the cop knew he was wrong for acusing me... he just wanted a reason to pull a kid over.

But anyways... anyone that has heard an apexi WS exhaust, knows how quiet it is... I gurantee that cops car is a hell of a lot louder than my car at full throttle... not to mention all the other cars running around with exhausts that are 10 times louder than mine... all the street bikes... all the harleys... all the deisel trucks... and I get a ticket for a loud exhaust?!?! :bs:

Last I knew, wasnt the WS 50 state legal? Anyone know where I can find any documentation saying it is to show the court??
Old 04-04-2003, 09:38 PM
b12uceHuy
Jizz Maste12

if it got's not "D.O.T." stamp or sticker then its not legal
(Departmetn of Tranportation)
Old 04-04-2003, 10:19 PM
dantastic
cx power!

Originally posted by b12uceHuy
if it got's not "D.O.T." stamp or sticker then its not legal
(Departmetn of Tranportation)
the dot doesnt stamp any aftermarket exhausts. just take it to court. the cop wont show.

btw, the reason why bikes are louder is that they cant fit huge mufflers on the side. they have different regulations for bikes.
Old 04-04-2003, 11:52 PM
99accord
www.poksquid.com

still bs... i feel ya...
Old 04-05-2003, 07:52 AM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

Originally posted by dantastic

btw, the reason why bikes are louder is that they cant fit huge mufflers on the side. they have different regulations for bikes.
"loud pipes save lives" is the philosophy

anyways thats messed up, i just got the ws installed the otherday and it's so damn quiet. take that to court for sure, but first drop by the police station and show them your exhaust and explain that you will fight it.

apexi ws is not 50 state legal, but it's sound is certainly not loud by any means. i think if you show a cop the ticket and bring out to your car and have him listen to it, he will help you out. be really nice and explain that your exhaust is designed to be very quiet and that's why you bought it.
Old 04-05-2003, 10:39 AM
Go-N-Low

Exhaust makers say exhaust is 50 state legal based on emissions, not sound...More state laws say something to the effect or, anything different then stock is illegal....Cali is the only state that I know of that has a law that says under 90dbs...

And for bikes, it is considered a safty thing, like already said above you might not be able to see them but you will hear them....
Old 04-05-2003, 11:02 AM
RY2K
5 speed

that is BS man

how much is that exhaust?
Old 04-05-2003, 11:16 AM
JonHsiung
u c l a

hahahahah. of all people, you get pulled over for that apex exhaust? man, you should print out a "BS ticket" out of your computer and give that to him in exchange for his ticket. now THAT would be tight!
Old 04-05-2003, 11:18 AM
smakdown

This is what I would do. First find out what the law is on loud exhausts. If its a certain dB range, take your car to a shop and have the exhaust measured in dB. If its in the legal limit take it to court and they will automatically drop the ticket.
Old 04-05-2003, 11:43 AM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahem *steps into convo*

I hope you guys know that regardless of the situation, that if a cop trys to give a ticket of this type (excessive exhaust noise) you can request him to bring out his db meter and test it on the spot.

Now a lot of times they won't have one and will have to call another officer, but do it! Refuse the ticket if they will not do the test on the spot and stand up for yourselves.

I had a cop around here try that on me and I told him to get a db meter right now and test it, he tried to give me a ticket anyways and I refused and told him to call his Sargeant for a db test on the spot or I would file a formal complaint against the officer.

He let me go.