Notices

help !!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-02-2003, 06:55 PM
cokane5227

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help !!!!!!!!!!!!

my rear bumper was scratched and repainted, and now it doesn't shine like the rest of the car does, very dull color. when i bought the car i also bought the clear coat protection, but the bodyshop said they put in clear coat as well and it's the best they can do AND they can't tell any differences.
i don't think i'll waste anymore time with the bodyshop cuz it clearly shows they are not gonna help. i brought it to the detailing shop that the dealer uses as their detailing shop, they told me to bring the car in tomorrow and they'll see if they can make it shine like the rest of the car does, but they also said "it might not work cuz the paint might be too thin."
now i'm all clueless and worried that this huge difference is always gonna be there, does anybody have any suggestions on what i should do?

car is an 02 coupe, satin silver metallic
Old 04-02-2003, 08:24 PM
AcsRcool
Faster than your Geo

is the body shops work guaranteed? thats pretty crappy, you paid for it to match, it should match. . .
Old 04-02-2003, 08:50 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

im glad that happened to you and not me cause id be in there raising hell and they'd get it done right one way or another. I'd have them wet sand the bumper, add another coat or two of clear, then buff it out.
Old 04-02-2003, 08:58 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would take it back and have em clean it up....and don't take it out until you inspect it 100% and it is correct.

An 02 is too new to have that kind of ish going on.
Old 04-02-2003, 09:04 PM
cokane5227

ok i'll bring it bak to the shop again tomorrow and tell them to do it all over and do it right, but what if they just won't do it whatsoever? what happens then?
damn i'm getting frustrated.
Old 04-02-2003, 09:19 PM
cokane5227

btw ....... so you guys think there isn't any kind of detailing that will make the bumper look close to the rest of the car? because thinking about that just makes me really worried since i don't believe the bodyshop will be nice enough to do anything for me. man it's killing me.
Old 04-02-2003, 09:33 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by cokane5227
ok i'll bring it bak to the shop again tomorrow and tell them to do it all over and do it right, but what if they just won't do it whatsoever? what happens then?
damn i'm getting frustrated.
Right when you get there, ask to speak to a manager. Actually, I'd call and setup ur appt w/the manager. Let him know how unhappy you are with the work they did and go from there. If they are a reputable shop, they will do what needs to be done to satisfy you. I hope you are able to get it done to your liking, that will suck if they say "sorry". But if they do, I'd let it be known that you are gonna report them to the Better Business Bureau(sp?) and really do just that and see what happens then. There is no reason that bumper shouldn't be just as shiny as the rest of the car unless they used inferior materials and didn't do the job like it's supposed to be done. I remember when I got my civic painted, I was rushing them so much that they didn't buff it out before I got it back, but it was shiny as hell, not dull in the least, so there is no reason ur bumper should be dull. Make it happen bro and don't accept no or sorry as an answer to this problem.
Old 04-02-2003, 09:35 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Maybe a buffing might make it shine, but it should shine already. My car hasn't been buffed since I got it painted but I get hella compliments about how glossy it is.
Old 04-02-2003, 09:56 PM
cokane5227

ok thanks a lot for the advice guys, i know what i will do tomorrow.
Old 04-02-2003, 10:17 PM
cokane5227

i was just thinking .......... what if buy the zaino setup and zaino my bumper? is that gonna do anything?

or ..... am i just wasting my brain cells even thinking?