Notices

Installing car alarm.

Old 04-01-2003, 10:38 PM
AccordManiac
Korean Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing car alarm.

I am going to try install the car alarm this weekend.

Any problems I should watch out for?
Problems?

It has simple unlock/lock with siren.
Made by : inno-sys.co.kr (Also Japan Autobox sells them)

Really su*ks.. no one sells viper or Alpine Alarms.. in Korea, so I have to go with cheap Korean brand stuff..

Thanks..
Old 04-02-2003, 08:06 AM
dantastic
cx power!

solder all the connections u can, hide the brain as far up the dash as u can, tape up or use black wire loom to hide all the wires. get a battery back up siren too.
Old 04-02-2003, 10:39 AM
JERZY-STYLZ

If you cant find the door lock/unlock wires under the dash or at driver kick panel...save some time searchin and run two wires into the drivers door and tap the wires from the power lock/unlock button

Sounds like a lot more work, taking apart the door panel an everyting but it'll take more work and TIME to try finding it where its "suppose" to be

other than that...everything else on the 91 should be ok to find
Old 04-02-2003, 02:32 PM
dantastic
cx power!

Originally posted by JERZY-STYLZ
If you cant find the door lock/unlock wires under the dash or at driver kick panel...save some time searchin and run two wires into the drivers door and tap the wires from the power lock/unlock button

Sounds like a lot more work, taking apart the door panel an everyting but it'll take more work and TIME to try finding it where its "suppose" to be

other than that...everything else on the 91 should be ok to find

the door lock wires arent hard to find at all.... on any honda ive ever worked with. theyre all just by the driver's side fuse box. i cant see how running wires into the door is easier than finding wires under the dash. u should have a schematic of the car's wiring b4 u start anyway. a haynes manual is fine
Old 04-02-2003, 05:07 PM
JERZY-STYLZ

ive done alarms on many hondas too...im not disputing that its easy to find....but try finding them on a 90-93 Accord
Old 04-03-2003, 05:20 PM
AccordManiac
Korean Member

Originally posted by dantastic
the door lock wires arent hard to find at all.... on any honda ive ever worked with. theyre all just by the driver's side fuse box. i cant see how running wires into the door is easier than finding wires under the dash. u should have a schematic of the car's wiring b4 u start anyway. a haynes manual is fine
I do have Haynes manual... and I was looking at the electrical schematic and Map Legend number B52 ~ B55 showed security system stuff.. Did our 4Gen accord ever came with security system? Anyway. this security system schematic showed door unlock/lock hook up to passanger side door lock. I am very confused.. Also do I need door motor unit?

u guys are really great!!! Love your Accord 4 ever !! Thanks.
Old 04-05-2003, 05:01 AM
AccordManiac
Korean Member

No one knows??