Notices

Lemon Law for Tranny problems, HELP!

Old 04-01-2003, 08:09 PM
vick911c

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lemon Law for Tranny problems, HELP!

Hey guys,
This if my first time in this forum. I've come for some advice and help, hoping someone might have already been through my situation and know what to do. My issue is regarding the tranny problem in my 2000 Honda Accord EX-V6. You see I bought this car from my cousin about a year and a half ago. I really liked the car but it seems that something is always going wrong. At only 65K, I had my tranny replaced. Then my Alternator went out. About 6 months later I took it in to the dealer because I thought the tranny was going out again, only to hear them tell me that I had engine mounts and tranny mounts broken, which costed me about $500. About 2 weeks after they gave me my car back I called them and said that the jerking problem was still there when I would shift gears from park to rear, or drive. The car would jerk all the time, even when driving, when the car shifts from 1st to 2nd, 2nd to 3rd, etc. Before I would come to a dead stop, the car would jerk, and I was hearing a loud clunk. Anyhow, I took the car in and about 3 times after driving the car with the service tech, he finally agreed that my tranny was shot. So they ordered me a new one. When I get my car back, I find that the center console has burn marks in it and the wood trim has been melted. I let the dealer know and they still haven't told me what there going to do about it. Now, my interior lighting goes out. All the lights from the odometer, and center console seem to go out when I turn on my headlights. The odometer lights up, but when I switch my headlights on, all the lights go out. I'm still working on this, and it might be a multi-plex from what a mechanic has told me. Now it's been 2 weeks, since I had the tranny put in. A few days ago I'm driving about 70 (mph) on the freeway, taking my little sister to her friends house, and guess what, my car downshifts from 4th to 2nd or 1st gear, I’m not sure. I'm going out of control and spin and now I’m facing sideways on the freeway before coming to a dead stop. All the traffic behind me hits their breaks, and I was about 2 feet from being hit by a Ford F-250. I'm freaking out, and my little sis is terrified. Seriously she’s even afraid to sit in a car now, and I can't dare sit in my Honda again. I'm sick and tired off all these problems that I've had and the entire BS that Honda has given me. I almost lost my life, and my sisters as well because of a serious ongoing problem that Honda is doing nothing about. I haven't called the dealer or Honda yet, to tell them all that happened. Before I did, I thought I’d ask you guys for some help. Can anyone help me and tell me what I should do. I do not want this car anymore, because I don't want to die in it. I was wondering if anyone knew about the lemon law in California, and if so, can you tell me how I should approach the situation. I’ve had the same problem with the car numerous times and it seems Honda can’t solve it. I read somewhere about the lemon law and that the manufacture may have to by my car back, but I don’t know the exact guidelines. As you guys can see, this long letter is just a sign of my frustration, and search of answers for help. I want to completely get out of this car and never, ever deal with HONDA again, because they just can't take care of their mess, even if it kills someone. My car has about 80K miles now, and it isn't under warranty anymore, so I'm not sure if this makes a difference for the Lemon Law. This would be my 3rd tranny that I was using and a forth if they replace the one that just broke while I was driving on the freeway. I'm thinking about hiring an attorney but I'm not sure. This situation has seriously affected my sister and my family as well as myself. I've come here for some help, and I hope you guys can guide me on this situation. If you guys can, please give me as much info as possible. My email address is vick911c@hotmail.com. Thanks.