Notices

wtf - Defect in my Illuminas shocks - going for new suspension setup

Old 03-28-2003, 10:56 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wtf - Defect in my Illuminas shocks - going for new suspension setup

As I mentioned, tried to installed the Strut bars, alignment kits, and the sway bar today, and test out the new 2.5 Drop. It LOOKS really good though. YET there is ONE BIG PROBLEM: My shocks damping is not adjustable any longer. It's not soft and bouncy like crazy. I tried at many settings and at many height adjustment, yet the damping is still the same. :madfawk: Took them appart then realize that they went wrong. Nopi about to exchange them for me at no charge but then I decided to switched to Full coilver setup.

so I trade-in my GC coil and Those 4 Illuminas for the new Tokico Full coilover setup. Paid an extra $270. The Retails are above 1,100 over here in GA, online deals are about $900+. NOPI charged me for 750.00 at distributor price :thumbup: . That Tokico Full Coilover setup has Shorter Shocks body - allowing better handling and reduce stress on the spring, though provide better and full damping setup.

Now, for another week and a half, I have to ride on STOCK height again, my car been looking ridiculously lately - Been at stock height for almost a month already.

I also want to make a correction, last time, I mentioned about Installed for my GF a Tokico Coilover for $509, it's actually the full springs + Illuminas shocks combination, 1.5" - 1.75" with adjustable shocks. The product description mislead both the saleman and I to think that it's the full coilover set, until it came in. Anyways, they still ride wonderfully well, and still outperform my previous setup (GC coil + Illuminas shocks). h:
Old 03-31-2003, 10:01 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

still waiting.............
Old 05-26-2004, 05:25 AM
goon54

would u recommend the tokico springs and adj. shock set up. i have the skunk coils and agx now. there really bouncy now after 2+ years of use. did u get the full coilovers let? let me know which one is more practical for everyday use.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:41 AM
jschmid

Sounds cool, keep us updated on how it turns out and how you like the new setup.
Old 05-26-2004, 08:04 AM
DriftKing

Thats sucks man. I havent had any problems with my Illuminas yet. Ive been running them for about a year and a half with Skunk2 coilovers. The setup is really stiff, but the Illuminas seem to be able to handle it.

Good luck with your dilemma.
Old 05-26-2004, 05:44 PM
Surfacing171
cb7 fanatic

Originally Posted by DriftKing
Thats sucks man. I havent had any problems with my Illuminas yet. Ive been running them for about a year and a half with Skunk2 coilovers. The setup is really stiff, but the Illuminas seem to be able to handle it.

Good luck with your dilemma.
I've had skunk2's before on my accord. I think stiff is an understatement