Notices

06 Accord - Replaced battery - AIRBAG light on now!

Old 03-11-2010, 03:11 AM
acguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Accord - Replaced battery - AIRBAG light on now!

Man I'm sick of these cars and their junk computer software glitch garbage.

I think it's time Honda got some NHTSA attention like Toyota is getting. Now, because I decided to be wise and replace my battery, I have a primary safety device in my car that is not functioning because of a computer and it's disfunctional software. I guess with my warped rotors, I should drive slow hence not needing the airbag anyway!

This is my third Honda with AIRBAG and ROTOR WARP problems. My brand loyalty just ran out. Junk!

Has anyone had this problem?
Old 03-12-2010, 04:58 PM
96 EX

Tried reseting the light?
Old 03-13-2010, 03:06 PM
acguy

Default reset

Jumpered the MES conncetor. turn key on, SRS light goes out. removed jumper, light comes back on. Immediately jumpered connector again until light went out. Turned key off, waited ten seconds. Removed jumper and started car. SRS came back on in about ten seconds.

Shut car off, jumpered pin 4 to 9 of OBD. Got 71, but one Honda tech Says it has a dash something else, and just the 71 code is incomplete??

This is a bunch of Honda proprietary bullshit. I'm in the aviation business, and when a manufacture sells an aircraft, they have to provide instructions for continued airworthiness (maintenance manuals). Time for a letter to my senator. How do we continue to buy cars and take it in the rear on the DIY maintenance end. Especially for safety equipment!

My next automobile will come complete with a factory manual and instructions how to test respective systems. - Or I won't buy it.

Bob
Old 04-10-2010, 09:55 AM
daboifromhk

FFR, before you switch battery next time, u need connect a 12v battery to keep your system running. when you disconnect your battery with out preserving it with a 12v, it will reset everything in your system. But you can fix it by taking it to a dealer. They usually charge u an hr labor to fix the comp problem. unless you buy a OBD II comp to reset or read your trouble codes. Those things are at least 2-3k =(
Old 05-27-2010, 07:26 PM
HDA4SHOOR

Dont blame Honda. Light is on for a reason. get it checked out