Notices

Ho-to on cleaning IAC valve???

Old 10-19-2009, 01:24 PM
5.4ever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ho-to on cleaning IAC valve???

Anyone have a how to or just a simple step by step to cleaning the IAC valve, its for a 98 accord, V6, Thanks
Old 10-22-2009, 07:26 AM
halcyon

I'm not sure about the honda, but everyone in the F150 Lightning comunity uses carb cleaner and Q-tips on their's.

I had to clean the IAC in my Lightning almost every week due to rough idle at startup so I just replaced the stupid thing for under $100 and have not had to clean it agian in the last 3 years, so maybe just repalce it?
Old 11-09-2009, 11:36 AM
accord_raffi

I'm not sure where it is on the V6 exactly, but it should be right at the throttle body and held in by 2 bolts. Once you've got it out, just use carb/throttle cleaner like previously stated on the screen. It should go from black (if it's really dirty) to snow white. I used a cue tip, too.

Just remember to remove the gaskets from the iacv so that they don't get swollen or anything from the spray, and also let the iacv dry a little before reinstalling.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:14 PM
xsmokey11499x

http://www.preludeonline.com/f91/how...h-idle-110161/

try that..
Old 11-21-2009, 07:37 PM
themonsteraria
Boats n hoes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a simple DIY on cleaning an IACV.

On the throttle body there is a little box that has 2 coolant lines running into it. That's the IACV. It's held on by 2, possibly 4 bolts.
1: Remove the coolant lines (have a paper towel ready because some coolant will run out, and make sure the car is cold so the coolant doesn't burn you) and make note of which coolant line is where, and then remove the screws. Oh ya, there is also an electrical plug going into it. Remove that....
2: Then take the entire IACV off the throttle body. (If you want to take off the entire throttle body and clean it, this would be a good time.)
3: Now take some carb cleaner (the kind in a spray can) and spray in all the little holes in the IACV. Make sure you spray until the drips don't have dirt in them. It may take more then 1 can.
4: Now wait like 30 or so minutes and then reassemble. Make sure you put the coolant lines on the connections they were on originally. Now you should be good to go.

P.S. If you want to take off the throttle body, it's easy, just take off the 4 screws holding it on. Then use some carb cleaner and spray the whole thing, and in the 2 holes on it. (The two holes are for the IACV, and for the fast idle valve). Let it dry, put it back on.

:cheers: