Thread: Honda Transmission Fluid and Change Cost ?

Honda Transmission Fluid and Change Cost ?

How much does a honda dealership typically charge for a Automatic Transmission Fluid change?

Would it be cheaper to buy the fluid and have it changed else where?

V6 Auto 6th Gen
    Last edited by irod87; 01-16-09 at 12:44 AM.

if you know how to unscrew a bolt and let fluid drain out then thats all you need.
    Drain and refill. You may have to refill from the dip stick housing as that was the method on the 4cyl.

Drain and refill. No flush.... Call honda and ask what they charge. Dealerships regulate their own pricing.
    2006 Acura TL
    2000 Audi S4

aka s o l o . c h i n o
    Be very sure it's HONDA atf. Don't use any other ATF.

It's very easy and pretty cheap. It's actually easier than changing your motor oil. Just make sure get Honda ATF fluid from the dealer and make sure you also get a washer for the bolt. I believe you'll have to purchase like 3 bottles of fluid, of which you'll use around 2.5 bottles. I'm not 100% sure on the amount of fluid you'll need but just ask the parts counter person and they'll tell you exactly what you need and how much.

Remember, just drain and refill! No need to "flush".

can i also get the washer from the dealership?

I also have a 6th Generation V6 auto and my dealership charges $50 to change the fluid.

[QUOTE=Cousin It;4202675]I also have a 6th Generation V6 auto and my dealership charges $50 to change the fluid.[/QU

did that include the price of the fluid?

Yes, it included the fluid.

Honda-Acura
    Honda S2000

Honda-Acura