Notices

car wreck! need help to identify parts

Old 10-17-2008, 05:41 AM
ali7up

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car wreck! need help to identify parts

i got in a front end car wreck 2 days ago and the car doesn't look too bad. Took it to the shop guy told me $3000 using oem parts and $2100 using aftermarket parts. I got the list and found everything for $500 give or take a hundred.

Here what i have so far:

Hood (junkyard)
Headlights (using my old oem)
Front upper tie bar
Radiator
Hood latch
Grille
Front Bumper (junkyard)
Front Bumper reinforcement (junkyard)
Bumper puck clips
Radiator Support(do i really need this)

this is using all aftermarket parts, or should i be using oem? any ideas of what i'm missing. Any help be appreciated thanks

Old 10-17-2008, 06:12 PM
94jdmcivic

yes u do need the radiator support but aftermarket parts arent bad. i completely totalled my civic. I rearended someone and me and my old man fixed it all for about 1000$. The only thing we didnt do was get the frame stretched and a shop did that for 300$. But a lot of parts came from the junkyard except for the fenders and the header and CAI and a/c condensor.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:00 AM
ali7up

i was trying to find a hood and this guy offered me a new aftermarket hood for $100 how good are aftermarket hoods? and also is it better to get the radiator support from the junkyard or a new aftermarket one? like these http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/se...294965601+9221

thanks

Last edited by ali7up; 10-19-2008 at 12:05 PM.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:11 PM
94jdmcivic

100$ is not bad but i have never heard of an aftermarket hood unless it was a carbon fiber one. Just about all the people i know who have had a carbon fiber hood said they werent really good quality oem fitment. I would get one from the junkyard but just be sure it wasnt wrecked in the front and you can tell if it was hit. Autoparts is a little overpriced...i dont kno where your from but certifit is a awesome place! They are all around the country but there isnt to many of them i dont think. You can pick up a new oem hood for like 75 dollars and a pair of new fenders for 100. I bought my aftermarket stuff off ebay...really didnt have any problems. The fenders had to be sanded down a little to fit but nothing to hard and the bumper was a little off but it still looked good. Picked my new front bumper off ebay for like 60 dollars and that was including shipping.