Notices

94 accord key problems

Old 10-10-2008, 02:50 PM
Jokergp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 accord key problems

I bought a honda accord 94 when i recieved the keys to the car i got to sets of keys a key to open the doors to the car and a key to start it up( the key to start up is the orginal one because its in the orginal key modeling with the honda sign on it) now i tried to open the trunk with both keys and neither open it up how do i go about opening it with the keys i can open it by pulling the trunk lever but i wanna also be able to open wit it with a key
Old 10-10-2008, 04:53 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You probably just have the wrong key. It might be that the door key you have is a valet key or they did some odd ignition/lock changes.

Try both the keys in one of the other keyholes in the car [glovebox, trunk lock where the lever is and the large trunk pass through should be located behind/near the rear driver side headrest on the sill]
Old 10-11-2008, 07:59 AM
JLGotrocks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take out the trunk lock and take it to the dealer,they can re-key it to work with your ignition key.When I did it a couple of months ago,they told me that one key should open everything and that there isn't a second key for Hondas(or at least for my 94 Accord).

It costs about $20-$25 and shouldn't take any longer than 30 minutes to do.