Notices

help replacing window tracks 92 accord

Old 10-02-2008, 06:53 PM
jonnysos11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help replacing window tracks 92 accord

i have a 92 accord four door. both the driver and driver rear windows dont go up or down. the motors sound like they work but are unwound(sp?) from the cable,like its lodged lodged. anything info. i can find to get them out involves putting the window all the way down to unbolt the window from the track,slide out window,unbolt and slide out track.BUT the window wont go down in the first place!!! any advice?
thanks
jonny
Old 10-03-2008, 04:03 AM
vtec4clyfury
Geese!

if the window wont go down its out of the track. Take the door panel off and see if the glass runs inbetween two rubber tracks. If not roll it down and unbolt the track on either side, don't take the bolt all the way out but loosen it enough to where if you pull on the glass it will pop back in its seat in between the rubber strips. That should fix it from sticking.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:06 PM
jonnysos11

the window wont just slide around in the fram. so im assuming its still on the track but i cant reach the bolts that hold the window to the track. and the cable for the window track is all unwound and and jaming the track or allowing the window to move at all on the track
Old 10-03-2008, 03:49 PM
tommytomtom17
Honda Driver

What cable are you referring to? The only cable thats in the door is the electric cable for the window motor. The motor turns a gear in the window regulator lifting it like a scissor lift. It may be possible that the tracks are full of junk not letting the window move. You might be ale to spray some silicon spray down the door and then coach the window down with your hands as you press down on the control.