Notices

95 Accord F22B2 to F22B1 VTEC swap help

Old 09-04-2008, 10:22 AM
95 Accord LX
What needs fixing today?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Accord F22B2 to F22B1 VTEC swap help

After running a number of searches I decided to start this post. I have a 95 Accord LX, burnt out the connecting rod bearing for clylinder 1. Appears the oil pump rotors expanded. So decided best solution would be to do a swap. I bought a F22B1 VTEC SOHC with I think I remember has roller rockers. Don't know if roller rockers are standard on the VTEC motor, the non-VTEC didn't have them.
The swapping of motors doesn't look too difficult, but it looks like I'll be running into some wiring problems. The F22B1 VTEC has a crank position sensor, where as the F22B2 has a camshaft position sensor located in the distributer. I've also heard the computers are different.
Question is, what wiring is different for the VTEC vs the non-VTEC? Heard there is a site that sells the adapter harnesses needed, but haven't found it yet. Do I need a VTEC computer?

Thank You in advance
Matt

Last edited by 95 Accord LX; 09-04-2008 at 10:35 AM. Reason: ..
Old 09-04-2008, 03:41 PM
vtec4clyfury
Geese!

never done that swap but i would imagine with vtec solenoids , probably different fuel maps, and whatever else it has ,it would just be easier to get a ecu, wiring harness, and the engine.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:20 AM
95 Accord LX
What needs fixing today?

Friend of mine suggested, I might be able to use my non-vtec computer, but get a MSD ignition box and an RPM switch for the VTEC (allowing me to adjust when the VTEC kicks in). Another thing suggested was I could use the distibutor from the non-VTEC with the camshaft position sensor in it instead of the VTEC distributor that doesn't have the camshaft position sensor that requires use of the craftshaft position sensor. Are these true?

Does anyone know of these sites that have adapter harnesses if I do change the computer to a VTEC? Or have wiring schematics for the addition/change of wiring and pins needed for the VTEC.
Also the motor didn't come with an intake. I know the intake gasket is the same part# so they should match up, but are the intake, fuel injectors, map sensor, O2 sensor, etc the same?
Are the fuel maps different as vtec4clyfury suggest they might be?

Got some part numbers off the VTEC motor:
POA-3 for the head
POA-5 for the block with a date stamp I think of 8-21-96

Thanks

Last edited by 95 Accord LX; 09-05-2008 at 07:47 AM. Reason: ..
Old 09-07-2008, 05:52 AM
Dcsports92

I have an ECU for a SOHC VTEC if your interested. I would not use the ECM for a b2 considering the fuel maps and timing maps are allot different. I would also grab a complete harness from another car if you can because adding wires for the VTEC solenoid can be a bitch if you don't know what your doing.

Just PM or email me for the ECU.

Last edited by Dcsports92; 09-07-2008 at 05:54 AM.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:44 AM
vtec4clyfury
Geese!

if your putting a different engine in the car you need a different ecu. If one engine has more things on it like a turbo, or a supercharger, or vtec, or even different sized injectors, you will need a different ecu.

The one you have currently was meant for the F22b2, it was programmed like tha at the factory. They might almost be the same engine but they aren't. So with that, i would get another wiring harness for a vtec engine and get a vtec ecu.