Notices

99 accord cranks but cant start

Old 08-14-2008, 02:16 PM
yeding

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 accord cranks but cant start

Hi, all
my 99 accord kept cranking, but cant start after it has been parked for couple hours in the afternoon. It sounds like it cranks strongly but cant start. It did start once, but cant hold it even before I tried to step on gas.
So I had this car towed to a mechanic shop. but the mechanic started the car at the first try!!!! and it works fine after that.....
so what do u guys think could be wrong with my car? when it first happened, I almost ran out of gas, but the fuel warning light havnt on yet. I had no luck even after putting in 2 gallons of gas. and it's so wierd that the mechanic started it without any problem....
any suggestion are welcome, thx
Old 08-14-2008, 02:18 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Main Relay. Search about it.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:06 AM
Tedmond

i say main relay as well. common prolem for honda's. you can get a new one or re flow the solder
Old 08-15-2008, 01:00 PM
yeding

thank u all. I just resoldered my main relay this afternoon after the same thing happened to me again. it works fine now.
However, by disconnecting my battery and reconnecting it, I triggered my alarm system, lucky me!, after 10min driving, the alarm went off. people on the road were trying to stop for me since they thought I'm driving a undercovered cop car........................
I never thought my alarm system is still working... not everything is fine expect a red LED next to my cruise controll button is flashing continously, I guess that's just the alarm system indicator and it's fine, am I right??
Old 08-17-2008, 04:17 PM
Tedmond

did you disarm your system before you removed the battery? alarm systems use a high capacity cap to retain its charge if power is cut, it remebers the last status. eg. a car is broken into and the alarm goes off. you cut power. next time you reconnect it, it will wail on you. if you dont even use the alarm get under the knee kick and just unplug it or remove the inline fuse into the unit.