Notices

help im doing a power window conversion on the 01 accord

Old 08-13-2008, 04:10 PM
hondaboy786

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help im doing a power window conversion on the 01 accord

ok i just bought a 01 accord dx and i have another accord which got smashed for parts so im trying to convert the new one to power windows but only my power mirrors were working so i checked the fusebox next to the glove box... it was missing a big blue box so i changed it completely..... now i don't have the connector to connect the blue box...... so i went to the car i took it out from and it has the connector but mines doesn't so now im planning on changing the harness anything i should look out for???? and what other things do i need to change??? one thing i noticed was that theres a small fuse box next to the big fuse box under the hood does anybody know what that is???? thanks for reading this please help!!!!!!
Old 08-16-2008, 09:49 PM
stereo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if they are the same year you can replace the whole wireing harness and both inside fuseboxes as they contain the multiplexer units, 'm assuming the doner car is a Ex if so it's for the ABS..you will have to pull the dash to replace that harrness or option B is to take the cut plugs with as much slack as possible and with a wireing diagram build a wireing harness to connect the 2 multiplexer unit or option C wire it up like a aftermarket system.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:19 PM
Tedmond

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

popping off the lid, it will tell you what is what. btw, power window wires are all located in the driver kick panel ! under the hood, there is one relay that controls the power to the main window control board (on driver side).