Notices

95 Honda Accord Lowering

Old 08-13-2008, 12:17 PM
Tedmond

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Honda Accord Lowering

hey A-H, well i have a 95 honda accord EX v6 with 180,000 KM. Well i trea this car very well and i planned to trade it in, but with all the money i put into it i decided to keep it. Now, the next step is lowering. the stock system is too soft and the ride height is too high. I want to lower but not sure what i should purchase. I have been using Tein Super Streets on my 93 Integra and love them, but im not forking that much out again since this accord is just my car to get around, no racing or any of that. I just want to get a stiffer ride and lower it so my 17inch rims look nice. well tell me what you recomend.
thanks
Old 08-18-2008, 05:31 PM
nspec_Cd5

get some DROPZONE lowering shocks and spring, i'm not sure if the v6 is different than i4, if not then they should be easy to find.
they're cheap and work great.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:57 PM
JLGotrocks

I'm riding on Ksport for my DD (94 Accord)for over 1 1/2 years now.Good drop and I actually like the stiffness,but it's not super stiff like some would suggest.Also,for the price and what you are using them for(or not using them for),they are pretty good,contrary to popular opinion.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:47 AM
Tedmond

hey, thanks for the advice. the ksports look nice. any idea what it will run me? any vendors you recommend. please let me know as i want to drop it before the winter hits.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:31 AM
Line7
Platinum Member

You cant go wrong with Tein. I have Tein Flex coilovers right now on my Civic, before that I had AGX's with Tein springs. Very cheap springs, but I tell ya, great comfortable ride, while at the same time, improving handling and keeping a 2" drop.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:15 AM
JLGotrocks

Originally Posted by Tedmond
hey, thanks for the advice. the ksports look nice. any idea what it will run me? any vendors you recommend. please let me know as i want to drop it before the winter hits.
If you are going to put them on yourself,then I think you shouldn't pay anything more than $700.I got mine for $675 but I had to get new bushings plus labor so they were a little more.

As far as a vendor goes,I went through a local shop and they were part of a group order so the shipping was really cheap,although I did have to wait about 1 1/2 weeks for them.

If you want to order them on your own,I would say do a Google search for Ksport,or whatever other brand coilovers and just shop around for the cheapest shipping.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:58 PM
Shounin

What about Eibach pro kit? Its a good choise too.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:46 PM
Tedmond

to be honest, i want what is best bang for the buck. i got the tein sst dampers on my integra like i mentioned and i live how it grips the road, but that was when i had money to blow. now back to school and money is hard to come by. so let me know what you would recommend or say best bang for the buck.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:03 PM
PjkF
Accord Tuner

Are Tokico Illumina R coilovers any good?
Old 09-20-2008, 11:26 AM
Tedmond

well back to this subject. well its either springs, coilovers or maybe full damper.

I am interested in getting full damper, but its too much for my pocket now.

as for springs and coilvers, can someone tell me pros and cons of each? thanks