Notices

1990 honda accord

Old 08-09-2008, 08:30 AM
killrroy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 honda accord

i got the car with a new exast all crome.. thing is it didnt have an oxy sencer..4 wire there 4 dif colors . the connecor is gone so how do i con. the new one what wire goes where.. it must matter the car wont run once its warm.. well it runs but sounds and acts like its running on 3 cyl.. im stumped and need it going bad
Old 08-10-2008, 07:52 AM
vtec4clyfury
Geese!

so when you got the car there was no sensor or sensor wiring at all?

Is there even a connector the sensor plugs in to left?
Old 08-10-2008, 05:01 PM
JimBlake

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You say it doesn't run right - does that mean you randomly hooked up the 4 wires & tried it? If you crossed the sensor heater ground to the wrong wire of the ECU, you may have done some damage... What exactly did you do??
Old 08-12-2008, 09:36 PM
BURNER27

Originally Posted by killrroy
i got the car with a new exast all crome.. thing is it didnt have an oxy sencer..4 wire there 4 dif colors . the connecor is gone so how do i con. the new one what wire goes where.. it must matter the car wont run once its warm.. well it runs but sounds and acts like its running on 3 cyl.. im stumped and need it going bad
Return it and get a OEM NTK O2 sensor. Bosch and other "Aftermarket" O2 sensors don't run correctly with Hondas.

I got bad O2 sensor and Fuel supply issue CELs shortly after installing a Bosch O2 sensor. Car bogged bad and ran with low power. Replaced with NTK O2 sensor and car ran great. No CELs!

Hope this helps.

http://www.sparkplugssource.com/shop...x?itemid=17645

Cheapest place I found. Worked perfectly. Was even cheaper than the Bosch from Autozone.