Notices

JDM h22 swap... fans dont seem right

Old 08-08-2008, 09:18 PM
chundles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM h22 swap... fans dont seem right

Hello all! Im new on this forum but it looks promising and i hope we can all get along. Blah blah enough w/ the sap. I got an issue and here's the scenario.

I got a 93 Accord Ex w/ a JDM 91 h22 that i just swapped in. My concern is the cooling system leaning more towards a fan problem. The f22 that was originally in the car didnt have any overheating problems it just blew 5qt of oil out the tailpipe in 2 days.

The water pump was replaced and so was the thermostat. Ive swapped out the ECT, gauge sensor, and radiator hoses. Bled the system good and the front temp switch is from the f22 that work on the old motor. Now this is what i got.

Im letting it idle and the gauge sits just below 1/2. The needle will climb close to the end of the scale the cooling fans will come on for like 10 sec then shut off. But when i feel the hoses i can feel it boiling. I hit the sensor housing w/ a laser temp gauge to see what temp the fans come on at and it was about 223 F ish. But regardless it is boiling and i think the fans need to come on sooner and longer.

I was hoping someone has run into this before and might whip out the know how. LMK what you guys think and thanks in advance. Word to the third.

Late

Colin:thumbup: