Notices

Swap stuff driving me nuts

Old 07-30-2008, 01:26 PM
vtec4clyfury
Geese!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swap stuff driving me nuts

Some of this is engine swapping problems i forsee but then i have a few accord issues so to the mod you make up your mind where this belongs. If it goes to engine swaps i won't be mad.

Ok, so i've noticed this car has no intermediary shaft.........wtf:nono:
I'm assuming the prelude tranny has this as i'm sure it would have terrible torque steer even if i dont' build up the h22 and were to leave it stock.

I've never really lowered a car before but i've taken a few suspension courses at school and it appears its much easier than it looks. So i'd like to drop it like say an 1". I want to either go eibach or tein. But if i am to lower it without changing out shocks would i have to modify or cut the bump stops. There will be less room for the stock shock to travel so i'm sure i would have to since its already compressed in an 1" more than it used to be. I'm sure its also a bumpier, harsh ride but then i dont' know. Someone spot me in the right direction. I'd like to just lower it to do it and change the shocks and struts later.

Another engine question while i'm thinking about it. I will need to a vtec solenoid to use the Vtec the h22 has. After considering this i'm sure there's a whole list of things i need for teh h22 swap. For what i'm doing i'm sure i'll have most of it since i'm going to try to find a prelude that i can get the tranny and engine from. But also does the prelude tranny have a 5 bolt pattern? cause then i would have to change the rear hubs to 5 bolt as well. Sorry for all the questions but i'd like do this but unlike my knowledge of the 1gen mx6 i really don't know what i'm doing.

I'm sure there's other things i've noticed on the honda that will either get on my nerves or things i wont like how its designed but anybody that could help out.

A list of prelude parts would be nice and i really haven't searched so i'll do it now but if anyone could that would be awesome.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:43 PM
F22B Prelude
Rachel Bilson

What swap..H22 into an Accord? What year?
More info plz
Old 07-30-2008, 03:35 PM
vtec4clyfury
Geese!

my bad, i want to swap an H22 into a '91 accord. I want to do an automatic as well. I know that sounds stupid but i'm doing it for me and the girly friend (probably gonna be wife someday..........) . She doesn't know how to drive a stick and doesn't want to learn. Which is cool for me cause nobody drives the mx-6 then but at the same time i want the accord to be good enough to me to be happy driving every day.

Now i've also thought of doing an F22B2. The h22 would be nice for doing a swap which i've never done but the F22B2 was definitly more than fun for me to drive while i had one. But being this is the midwest the H22 with an auto still on it seems to be hard to track down so i might end up just doing an F22b2. Which might be easier since i'm sure they have some of the same mounts if not all the same. The H22 would still be way more fun to drive around in even its an auto. Anyway though whatcha know?
Old 07-31-2008, 11:00 AM
F22B Prelude
Rachel Bilson

The H22 will bolt up to any F or H series tranny....I wouldn't consider "wasting" time and money for an H22 in a 91 accord....I would try the F22B2 or any other of the F series engines
Old 07-31-2008, 06:27 PM
vtec4clyfury
Geese!

why would you say the F22B2. I agree with you but why?

Just cause an H22 with an auto is basically worthless since it'll never completely use the full rpm band like you can control with a manual?

Plus i think i'm going to go ahead with the timing belt replacement soon. I may not make it another month or so since ihave no idea when or if it was ever done. I'm sure its had at least one replaced, i doubt it would last 247,000 miles, let alone 17 years. But i can find plenty of 94-95 accords (cool since they are OBD1) around here. Negatory on the 92-96 prelude.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:42 AM
F22B Prelude
Rachel Bilson

The F series engines are pretty cheap and reliable
Old 08-01-2008, 05:49 PM
vtec4clyfury
Geese!

so what off the H22 though. I know its not as cheap as the f22b2 but why so quiet on not going that way?
Old 08-12-2008, 10:48 PM
stereo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the H22 is a direct bolt in also your F-trans will bolt on to the H22 the only yhing is finding a JDM ecu as theres no auto OBD1 H22 in the UDSM and 97+ are all OBD2 and have to use the SS trans with the matching ECU ..
Old 08-13-2008, 05:28 AM
vtec4clyfury
Geese!

but i'm not using a 97+ h22a, i'm simply looking for the h22a4 i think it is..., in he 92-95 preludes. Still thinking about this, just working on the turbo motor more for the mazda right now.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:44 PM
stereo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

actually the H22a4 is 97+ where as the H22a1 is 93-96 but they never offered them with automatic.