Notices

R.I.P. My Accord ='(

Old 07-26-2008, 02:24 AM
Icon Of Sin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R.I.P. My Accord ='(

As some may know from my other posts my 2001 Accord has been having alot of trouble lately but yesterday it pretty much died. Its got problems starting and wont go above 2900 rpm so its basically un drivable.

Its not a total loss, I refuse to get rid of the car even though next week hopefully ill be getting an 01 prelude. I plan to park the accord at my friends house and with my spare time and money re build or replace the engine. I also have to fix the front end that got some damage from a fender bender a while back.

Once I start this project ill put up pictures of progress and findings.

Im also considering an H22 swap if i can afford it. But as it is if im lucky ill have it running normal again around xmas.

It really saddens me that it no longer can be driven, but I will fix it. I love the car too much to simply give up and get rid of it.

:sad:
Old 07-26-2008, 07:04 AM
hitman619
SDSU Basketball

IMO
If you get the 01 prelude get rid of the accord
I would not park it at your friends house either( invitation for disaster)

life is full of losses
let this one go
Old 07-26-2008, 11:26 PM
Icon Of Sin

im at least keeping it long enough to pull and take apart the engine if nothing else use the car as a learning tool even if i decide its not worth saving.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:24 PM
vtec4clyfury
Geese!

pull the engine and all the parts you want off of it. Then call a junkyard or someone to crush it. If you dont' know what your doing or how to really go about it i wouldn't try to put the engine back together without the right tools and stuff.

Not saying don't do it, but if your not mechanically experienced i wouldn't put an engine back together without some automotive courses or working at a shop for a while. There's alot more to how its built than simply bolting it back together. Torque specs, and preload and everything.