Notices

Front door window glass replacement walkthrough/instructions?

Old 07-24-2008, 05:01 PM
i want a civic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front door window glass replacement walkthrough/instructions?

My driver side door window got broken by some punk, now I need to get a replacement. I'm planning to by a used glass from a junkyard, but does anyone have the instructions on how to put the glass in? The old glasses are shattered so removing it isn't a problem. But I need instructions on how to put it in. Thanks.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:31 PM
vtec4clyfury
Geese!

remove door panel, drop window all the way. Raise up a bit and you'll see two spots for bolts to go in. Also while your at it unscrew the window channel and feed the new window guide into it and screw it back down. Its very simple to do this. Anyway once the new window is in, you may have to unbolt the window guide in the front of the window, just push it back a bit to get the window in between the guides. Bolt it back up. roll it up a few times and your good to go.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:38 AM
i want a civic

Thanks for the reply. Can you take a pic of where the screw for the window channel is? I haven't took apart the door panel yet, but by just looking around I couldn't see it. Thanks.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:21 PM
vtec4clyfury
Geese!

roll the window down, or in your case its not there at all. There are 4 phillips head screws on the right above the door handle. There may be a plastic piece or something hiding them. I dont think there is though. Take those out and slide the guide assembly down till you can get the new guide in or whatever. The piece you want is a little small black thing with a very small spot to put a dinky flathead screwdriver in the middle to separate it and install it in the window. I'll take some pics tomorrow for ya, my door barely stays on at the moment so its no biggie.