Notices

How to replace Odometer Backlight?

Old 07-16-2008, 10:39 AM
ao_tenshi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to replace Odometer Backlight?

Hello, I wasnt able to find other threads that deal with this problem so hopefully we can get some suggestion here. The odometer backlight went out this week on my 2001 Accord... I wasnt sure how difficult it would be to replace it myself. Im a newb so if anyone has any suggestions or can refer me to a tutorial it would be appreciated.

Also it would be fantastic if someone can let me know the replacement bulb model #. Thanks in advance!
Old 07-16-2008, 11:36 AM
Icon Of Sin

You can pick up a bulb at a dealer for a couple bucks, or you can get an LED.

http://www.ledautomotive.com/OrderInfo/98-02Accord/ Ive gotten some LEDs for my 01 accord including the odometer from them they look great.

Theres also an install guide on that site that shows where the light is as well.

It doesnt show how to remove the gauge cluster but its easy.

This takes about 10 min.

Drop the steering wheel as low as it can go you dont have to lock it in place.

there are two screws on the top of the plastic piece infront of the gauges remove those two screws.

the bottom part snaps in it will come off with a few tugs.

once that piece is removed there will be 2 screws right below the gauge cluster and two above closer to you remove all 4.

once the screws are out pull the gauge cluster forward a little to get it past the plastic stud things on the bottom that were next to the screws then tilt it twards you so you can un plug the 3 wires in the back.

Once you get those wires un plugged pull the gauge cluster out so you can replace the bulb in the back shown here

http://www.ledautomotive.com/HowToGu...lusterBack.jpg

Its the one the blue arrow is pointing to

Before you put the screws and plastic thing back in make sure it works then your good to go.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:29 AM
ao_tenshi

Wow thanks a lot Icon Of Sin, going to get a bulb from dealer and try this over the weekend.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:31 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i believe its a number 74.

i bought a replacement from sears auto.