Notices

Leaking Coolant from the engine

Old 07-07-2008, 10:39 AM
takume

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaking Coolant from the engine

Hi everyone, I have an auto 94 accord sedan with 150k. As the title said, somewhere in my engine keep leaking the coolant real bad. Literally, when I pour down the coolant from the radiator, it will leak so bad somewhere down from the engine. So right now, my car can not run because it keeps leaking coolant and will overheat. I have checked that my radiator and the upper and lower hoses are not leaking at all. What is the problem, any helps? Thanks.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:59 PM
lalonaruto

check your water pump.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:20 PM
AccordVT
Ian

When you pour it and it leaks, what is the general area underneath the car that it leaks from. As lalonaruto said check the water pump. Looking underneath the car looking from the front: If the coolant leaks from the far right side of the engine (coming from between the plastic belt cover and the engine) then it is likely your water pump gasket or water pump is damaged and leaking. Otherwise just fill the coolant system and try and locate where the leak is from. There are hoses leaving the engine that go to the heater core inside the car and there are two other major hoses from the radiator that tend to wear out and leak.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:11 PM
takume

Thanks for the input. When I look above the engine, I saw the water running from my engine toward the passenger side. It eventually leak from the far right side close to the front wheel. How do I check on the water pump because I took my car to the shop at 11k for Timing belt and water pump. So I don't know much about that area.